Apple cider vinegar, or ACV, is made from pulverized or powered apples. It contains acetic acid and lactic acid. It is yellowish brown in color and is usually sold in its unpasteurized and unfiltered form. This form contains a dark sediment that settles down at the bottom of the bottle and is called the mother of vinegar. There are several kinds of vinegar that are used for cooking purposes. Most of the people use ACV in their cooking due to its health benefits. Apple cider vinegar drink is a diluted form of this vinegar and is said to cure a number ailments. The following paragraphs discuss the various uses and benefits of this drink.
The recipe for ACV drink is very simple. Mix two teaspoon apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and mix thoroughly. This mixture needs to be taken thrice a day before the meals. Another simple recipe is to add boiling water to a mixture of 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon honey. Mix it up thoroughly before drinking. Mixing one teaspoon of ACV in a glass of water and drinking it every morning is said to be very beneficial. Mixing a few drops of it with water and using the solution on sore wounds will also speed up the healing process.
Apple cider vinegar is also said to be very effective in weight loss. The important point to be noted here is that this drink helps reduce the weight gradually and not suddenly. This has two benefits, viz., the body gets time to adjust to the weight loss and the weight does not bounce back on the body. There are two schools of thought, one believes that this ACV helps in boosting the metabolism and the other states that it helps burn calories. It is also a known fact that it helps in cellulite reduction.
The recipe for weight loss is mixing 3 teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar in a glass of water along with 2 teaspoon of organic honey. This concoction should be consumed thrice a day before meals. An alternative to this is to mix the vinegar and honey in Chamomile tea instead of water. A dash of cinnamon can also be added for its flavor and natural sweetness.
Apple cider vinegar is also effective in cleaning up acne and skin detoxification. It is said that ACV has some very powerful cleansing agents that help in the detox, which clears the acne on the skin. Experts believe that the bacteria which cause acne are destroyed by the antiseptic and antimicrobial properties of apple cider vinegar. Also, there are certain acids in it that help in unclogging the pores and getting rid of acne.
Apart from these, there are several other benefits of ACV for skin. The recipe for acne reduction is mixing two teaspoon of this wonderful vinegar with some organic honey in a glass of water, which needs to be consumed thrice a day.
- This drink helps in the detoxification of the blood streams and the organs of the body.
- Drinking apple cider vinegar avoids thickening of the blood.
- It helps in the digestion process and also helps the body to assimilate food better.
- Apple contains a great deal of potassium, so drinking ACV provides the body with potassium. This helps the body take care of the worn tissues and prevents runny noses.
- If a person suffers from bowel obstruction, one teaspoon of raw ACV helps to clear this up.
- Uses of apple cider vinegar includes drinking it to reduce the levels of glucose in the body.
- Mixing a teaspoon of this vinegar with a glass of water and drinking it daily helps lower the blood pressure levels.
- The immune system of the body becomes stronger and there is an increase in the stamina by consuming this vinegar with water everyday.
- It is believed that consumption of ACV protects the body against food poisoning.
- This drink also helps in preventing gallbladder stones and infections in the urinary tract.
- It is also useful in clearing up sinus infections and curing sore throats.
- Another benefit of this drink is that it helps in the reduction of cholesterol in the body.
- The drink is also said to maintain the pH level of the body.
As you can see from all the above paragraphs, this drink has plenty of health benefits. The recipe is also easy to make. It sure is a wonderful drink to consume in order to get a lot of benefits and to get rid of impurities. However, it is recommended that it should be consumed in moderate amounts to avoid side effects.