A type of coffee whose production is environmentally friendly and is humanitarian in its profit or gains, is organic coffee. Scroll below for a look at the top brands that solely produce such coffee.
What we eat and drink makes an impact on our body. While nutrition is one issue, what about artificial additives? The use of pesticides, fertilizers, growth supplements etc., in short, anything that is chemical and is added to make plants grow faster, ultimately ends up in our digestive systems and accumulates. The presence of such additives takes a toll on the environment as well.
There is a lot of hype about organic products, which are said to be better for both man and nature. Organic products do not contain artificial additives. Their ingredients are not grown with artificial components, like fertilizers. In addition, such products are produces using environmentally responsible production techniques, such as recycling, using biodegradable packaging materials, reducing carbon footprint and healthier soil farming.
What is Organic Coffee?
Organic meats and vegetables are known but an organic beverage form is organic coffee, where the coffee is grown, packed and manufactured with environmentally friendly rules and practices. Think of the numerous benefits of such a coffee type. Since coffee is a mass produced and mass consumed product, the harmful effects of its production can be minimized using organic methods. Another certification that is found with organic coffee is Fair Trade, which is a more socially responsible practice, that aids the actual coffee growers by buying coffee beans from them directly and at a higher price.
Best Brands of Organic Coffee
Below is a list of some of the best organic coffee brands, where the entire product line of the brand is organic in nature.
Marques de Paiva ®
- Brazilian coffee house established in 1895
- Organic certification by the USDA and Fair Trade certified
- Roasting plants produce zero carbon dioxide emissions
- 100% pure Arabica beans are used
- Comes in family-sized 40 ounce bags or smaller 12 ounce and 10 ounce packets
- Roast types include: Lighter Roasted/Medium/Dark/Decaffeinated
- Average product price range between $15 and $25
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- Coffee from 3 different continents – the Americas, Africa and Asia (Indonesia)
- 100% pure Arabica beans used
- Fair Trade Certified products
- The company that developed the Ecotainer™ – alternative cup made from natural materials as opposed to paper cups
- Five different coffee grind types like Turkish/Infusion/Espresso
- Organic coffee is also available in K-Cups, single or in packs of 24 cups
- Choose from a wide variety of flavors like Country Blend/Wild Mountain Blueberry/Sumatran Reserve among others
- Average product price between $9 and $20
Rogers Family Organic Coffee Co.
- 100% Arabica bean coffee
- Fair Trade certified coffee
- Company buys coffee beans from other farms and has 6 organic farms of its own
- Different varieties of coffee, from custom blends to single origin to decaf and flavored
- Special “Rainforest Blend” combines coffees from Mexico, Guetemala, Colombia and Indonesia and comes in a 3 lbs bag
- Coffee comes in 12 ounce or 2 pound sized packages
- Average product price range between $5 to $26
Mount Hagen Organic Instant Coffee
- USDA certified organic coffee of German production
- Made from 100% pure Arabica beans
- Instant coffee also available in decaf blend
- Available in 3.5 ounce bottles or single serve sticks of 1.76 ounce
- Approx 1 jar yields 60 cups of coffee
- Price range between $20 and $50
- 100% Arabica beans used
- Comes in 10, 12 ounces, 1 and 2 pounds sized packages
- Coffee types include Origin/Flavored/Decaf/Espresso/Blends
- Flavors include: Toffee Caramel, Sumatran, Peru French, Mexican, French Vanilla and lots more
- Product range includes organic teas, sugar, chocolate and cocoa
- Price range between $30 and $50
- USDA certified, QAI (Quality Assurance International) certified and Fair Trade certified
- Coffee available in 12 ounce and 5 pound sized packets
- Coffee flavors include: Highland Sumatra/Logan Canyon Blend/Decaf Organic French Roast/Organic Aztec Dark/Organic Café Femenino
- Average price range is between $10 to $ 15
Ethical Bean Coffee
- Canadian coffee manufacturer
- Certified as organic by the QAI
- Fair Trade certified
- Flavors include: rocket fuel/lush/mellow/decaf/exotic/bold/classic/sweet espresso
- Comes in 12 ounce packets
- Price range between $10 and $25
- Organic certified by the USDA and Fair Trade certified
- 100% Arabica coffee beans used
- Comes in 1, 2 and 4 pound sized packets
- Dark and medium roast available
- Price range between $12 to $50
From the above brands, one can notice the reasonable price and diverse range of flavors and blend types available. Opting for an organic coffee brand counts as a step towards helping the environment, helping those less fortunate and helping your health in the long run. The search for organic brands may be difficult but with above round-up of the best organic coffee brands, it just became a whole lot easier. So get brewing!