In Sanskrit, the coconut palm is rightly labeled as Kalpavriksha. It means, 'a tree which gives all that is necessary for living'. This is because all parts of the tree are useful in some form or the other.
If you are looking for a natural drink other than water, then it has to be coconut water. It contains salts, sugars, vitamins, and minerals. It is given to people, who are dehydrated, as it is able to hydrate the system instantaneously. It is rich in electrolytes like calcium, sodium, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus. The electrolyte composition of coconut water is very similar to that of human plasma, hence the instant results. Moreover, it does not contain fat in any form at all.
Coconut Water For Shedding Fat
When people read about products for weight loss, they are very skeptical, as they wonder if the product is a latest fad diet or just a gimmick. However, it is not the same with coconut water. Natural weight loss can indeed be achieved with coconut water, and there are reasons for the same.
- The first and primary reason is, that water in itself is an important key to good health and maintaining and attaining ideal body weight. Water helps in keeping the metabolism rate of the body to its optimal level. It keeps the body hydrated. Research has proved that coconut water is next to water in its natural form. It helps in keeping the metabolism rate of the body higher.
- If you are looking for a rich source of vitamin B, then you will not have to look beyond coconut water. Vitamin B is known to accelerate metabolic rate of the body and it also aids in improving muscle tone of the body.
- A natural form of glucose is present in coconut water. This glucose can easily be absorbed into the bloodstream. Hence, it helps in overcoming and reducing sugar and food cravings. It is these cravings which often leads to weight gain.
- It contains no fats and cholesterol. Therefore, it helps in accelerating the weight loss process.
- The potassium content in coconut water helps in converting fat into muscle. More muscle in the body, more is the weight loss, as the fat burning capacity of the body increases due to muscles.
- It is recommended by a number of doctors, as it is a less concentrated form of the healthy coconut. Lemon juice can be added to it to make an even more healthier. Since both coconut water and lemon are alkalizing, it is beneficial for the body in a number of ways, such as it helps in digestion, controls blood sugar levels and perks up metabolism.
- It is recommended to drink it to lose weight, as it is NOT high in sugars, as soda and most juices are.
- If a person finds it difficult to lose weight due to thyroid issues, it helps in promoting healthy thyroid function, which in turn helps in weight loss.
- It hydrates the body and you can replace all the minerals and fluids that are lost all through the day by drinking it
- People who suffer from urinary problems should make it a part of their diet. It helps in relieving polyuria, strangury, urinary tract infections and other urinary ailments.
- When combined with olive oil for three days, it kills intestinal worms and improves the digestive system as well.
- If you are plagued with kidney stones, then consumption of coconut water will help in breaking down the kidney stones, and make it easier to flush them out.
Facts about Coconut
Coconut is a fruit of the coconut palm, which is botanically known as cocos nucifera, where nucifera means 'nut bearing'. The fruit bearing palms are native to Malaysia, Polynesia, Southern Asia, and India. However, they are also now found in South America, the Pacific Islands, Hawaii and Florida. There are many uses of the coconut fruit as well.
The coconut also functions as its own dish and cup. The husk is also beneficial, as it is burned by the natives, and is also used to make coir, which is then used to make brushes, mats, fish nets, as well as ropes. Oil is derived from dried coconut and is used for commercial frying, as well as for cooking at home. It is also used in candies, margarine, and in non-edible products such as soaps and cosmetics.
People, who believe in low-fat diets believe that coconut oil is not healthy, but the recent research points to the fact that coconut oil is, in fact, healthy fat. We often forget that people have consumed coconut oil and have not suffered from any of the side effects, such as obesity, which has become an epidemic now. That coconut oil is actually a natural, high quality fat, which is very healthy, has been finally agreed upon.
Disclaimer: This article is meant only to provide information. It is not to be used as a substitute for advice of a doctor or nutriotionist.