Healthy recipes, that are easy as well, are required by every household since spending too much time on cooking dinner is not preferred, unless, it is a celebration or a holiday. Getting dinner prepared quickly also enables spending quality time with the family.
Cooking a full-fledged dinner after a long and tiring day at work, is also not a feasible option for working moms. Most people rely on fast food, often junk food, to tackle such situations, which obviously is not very healthy. So here are a few easy dinner ideas and healthy recipes, that you can prepare in 30 minutes or less and are yummy too!
Healthy Dinner Recipes
- Boneless chicken breasts, trimmed, 2
- Chicken broth, ¼ cup
- Cream, 2 tbsp.
- Mushroom caps, thinly sliced, 1 cup
- Shallot, minced, 1
- Fresh chives, 2 tbsp.
- Canola oil, 1 tbsp.
- Ground pepper, ½ tsp.
- Dry white wine, 2 tbsp.
- Salt, ¼ tsp.
- Coriander leaves, for garnishing
Chicken Breasts :
Chicken Breasts :
- Marinate the chicken well with salt and pepper.
- Heat the canola oil in a pan, drop into it the chicken breasts and cook both sides well until it turns golden-brown.
- Remove from heat, place in a plate covered with foil and keep aside.
Mushroom Cream Sauce:
- Heat the canola oil in a shallow pan and add the shallots.
- Cook until it starts emitting fragrance and then add the mushroom caps to it.
- Cook them until they turn tender for around 2 minutes.
- Pour the dry white wine into the pan, simmer and cook for a minute and a half.
- Then, pour in the chicken broth and cook until it reduces to half its quantity.
- Add the cream and chives to this, simmer and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken breasts from the plate to the pan and let them cook well in the mushroom sauce.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the remaining mushroom sauce and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice or garlic bread.
- Whole-wheat spaghetti, 8 oz.
- Smooth peanut butter, ½ cup
- Ginger, minced, 1 tsp.
- Fresh vegetables like broccoli, carrots and green peas, 12 oz.
- Chilly-garlic sauce, 1½ tsp.
- Soy sauce, 2 tbsp.
- Boil a large pot of water and put the spaghetti into it. Once it turns tender, add the fresh vegetables and let them cook.
- In the meanwhile, make the sauce by whisking together peanut butter, chilly-garlic sauce, soy sauce and minced ginger in a large bowl.
- Once the spaghetti and vegetable have cooked well and are tender, remove them from the heat and drain.
- Keep aside one cup of drained water. Rinse the spaghetti and vegetables in cool water and add the drained water to the sauce and mix well.
- Toss the spaghetti with the sauce and serve hot.
- White rice, cooked, 1-½ cup
- Boneless chicken breast, 1 lb.
- Frozen corn, 2 cups
- Eggs, 2
- Whole wheat bread crumbs, 1-½ cups
- Brown rice, cooked, 1-½ cups
- Canned black beans, rinsed and drained, ¼ cup
- Heat the oven to 425°F. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and one tablespoon of water.
- Cut the chicken breast into strips and dip the strips into the whisked eggs.
- Then, coat the chicken strips with the bread crumbs and bake for around 12 minutes.
- Cook the beans and corn in a microwave until they turn tender, for around 2 minutes.
- Serve the baked chicken with the mixed brown and white rice along with beans and corn.
- Porcini mushrooms, dried, 2 cups
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp.
- Egg whites, 6
- Salt, ½ tsp.
- Parmesan cheese, preshredded, ½ cup
- Freshly ground black pepper, ¼ tsp.
- Eggs, 4
- Place the mushrooms in a pan, add some water and let it cook for around 2 minutes.
- Once they are a little tender, remove them from the pan and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl, add the eggs, salt and pepper and whisk well. Add the mushrooms and the Parmesan cheese and whisk well.
- Heat some olive oil in a shallow pan and pour the frittata mixture.
- Cook for around 3 minutes till the egg turns brown and then turn over to the other side and cook until the side turns brown.
- Serve with whole wheat bread.
Try out these really easy healthy recipes and enjoy a nutritious and tasty dinner every night!