Ezekiel bread has now emerged as one of the most popular choice of breads, as it is extremely healthy as compared to plain old white bread or brown bread. It is flourless and completely organic, and is manufactured by a company known as Food for Life, inspired by a specific biblical verse that speaks of this certain type of bread.
The biblical passage, Ezekiel 4:9 says: Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and spelt, and put them in one vessel and make bread of it. Inspired from all these ingredients, Ezekiel bread was created. The exact ingredients used to prepare this bread now include sprouted wheat, sprouted spelt, sprouted millet, sprouted barley, sprouted soybeans, and sprouted lentils. All these ingredients are purely organic. It was found that when these grains and legumes were sprouted, and combined together to create this bread, the amount of protein available was almost equivalent to that present in milk and eggs. Not only is this bread healthy, its crunchy texture and delicious taste, with its combination of very interesting and exotic ingredients make it perfect for sandwiches and toast, and a suitable alternative for any other type of bread.
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
The nutritional value of Ezekiel bread mentioned in the table above, gives us valuable information regarding this bread variety, and tells us why it is a better choice than any other type of bread.
- We can see that Ezekiel bread is a rich source of protein and dietary fiber. In fact, studies show that the proteins in this bread contain all the 9 essential amino acids required by our bodies.
- Ezekiel bread has a low sodium content as compared to other types of breads.
- It does not contain any traces of cholesterol, neither does it contain any trans fats.
- It has a low glycemic index which makes it suitable for those who have to keep their blood sugar levels in check.
- The high fiber content present in the bread makes it a suitable choice for those who are on a weight loss regime.
- Ezekiel bread does not contain any kind of food additives such as high fructose corn syrup. It is completely organic.
- An important point to note is that though it does not contain any type of flour, it is not gluten-free. Gluten is present in the wheat contained in this sprouted grain bread. However, gluten-free varieties of this bread are available for those who are allergic to this component of wheat.
- Consumption of this bread is a great choice if you are a vegan as it contains no traces of dairy whatsoever.