Fasting is one of the many ways to purify your body of toxins. This article will give you some fasting tips to lose weight.
Fasting has always been a very traditional and conventional method for losing weight since it requires starving. It basically involves zero food intake (no carbohydrates, proteins, and fats), but it requires intake of just water or fruit/vegetable juices, which are called water and juice fasting respectively. The latter stimulates the digestive system leading to hunger, whereas water makes one feel full without the urge to eat. In contrast to other diet plans, this one is a very strict plan to lose weight and requires thorough dedication.
- It is the strictest liquid diet to lose weight.
- Water is the most essential fluid, and thus, it is recommended that one drink 8-9 glasses of water to be well hydrated.
- Our body cells require water for many life activities, and the more water we drink, the better it is for our body metabolism.
- This plan is basically a body cleansing program, wherein all the fecal debris, toxins, and unwanted body fluids are thrown out. In short, it helps detoxification of the body.
- You must have observed that whenever we indulge in workouts or diet plans, we lose 3-4 kg very quickly. That’s the water weight, rather the unwanted body fluids that are flushed out of the body. So the main purpose is getting rid of such material.
- This type of plan is generally a 40 day program, wherein one needs to keep drinking water (8 glasses) and completely avoid other foods or liquids. One might wonder if it is possible to survive on water, and the answer is in the affirmative.
- Through this plan, the body tries to use the stored glucose (glycogen), and then the fats (ketosis) for energy.
- Reviews prove that the body never runs out of these essential entities. This eventually leads to fat burning, causing weight loss.
- This is yet another weight loss alternative, wherein you can rely on different vegetable and fruit juices that’ll help you get the required minerals and nutrients for survival.
- This detox diet is better and easier to follow than the water plan.
- It is recommended that one includes herbal supplements or laxatives to prevent anemic conditions.
Given below are a few juice recommendations for this diet.
Vegetable Juices: Celery, cucumber, red bell pepper, parsley, kale, beet greens, chard, spinach, dandelion leaf, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, beets, and sweet potatoes.
Fruit Juices: Dark grapes, apples, lemon, and acai berry.
Herbal Juices: Yucca root, fennel, spearmint, peppermint, basil, ginger, garlic, green onion, chili pepper, fresh turmeric root, milk thistle, wheat grass juice, and spirulina.
- Reviews suggest this plan does work wonders, since the food intake is absolutely zero, therefore, there is no intake of calories.
- Water and juice fasting have been used against diabetes and obesity along with many other health complications, like epilepsy, arthritis, and allergies (only after a doctor’s consultation though).
- It not only detoxifies the body, but does it efficiently with all the body energy utilized in cleansing and making one feel better and fresh.
- It is a very good solution to normalize your blood pressure and fluid accumulation problems in joints.
- It has proven to reduce the cravings for alcohol, smoking, and drugs, thus helping you get rid of these addictions.
- You will realize that your taste buds start to feel younger and come alive after a long 40 day program.
You are bound to suffer from joint and muscle aches, body odor, and constant head aches while fasting, but this will last only till the toxins prevail in your body. People are generally advised to start off with a good balanced diet after the span of 40 days. All said and done, this plan is an excellent way to better your health and definitely your way of living.
Disclaimer: This NutriNeat article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.