Wondering what the Fat Flush diet is all about, and if it can help you safely lose weight? Read the NutriNeat article for some helpful information.
What is Fat Flush Diet?
Dr. Ann Louise Gittleman, certified nutrition specialist and founder of the diet program, states that this diet plan targets the liver as it helps in sustaining the body’s ideal weight. The diet consists of protein, carbohydrates, and important fats that helps in detoxing and elevates the liver’s functions to the maximum. The foods are designed in such a way that you take in low-carbs and restrict calories to lose weight. In turn, what the diet does is helps you lose weight fast, reduces your body’s water retention, and keeps your health intact. So if you wish to begin this diet program, you can go on Dr. Gittleman’s website and purchase the book from there. The book has all the information about everything you want to know and do while on the program.
While on the diet plan, you will be going through 3 separate phases that are required to be followed in order to lose weight and cleanse your entire body thoroughly. Let’s see what these phases are:
- Phase 1 – It lasts for about 2 weeks where you will get a jumpstart towards losing weight. The concentration of loss in fat will be high around the buttocks, hips, and thighs.
- Phase 2 – This phase is called the “Ongoing” phase and the total calorie intake is between 1200 to 1500. Here, you are in the phase till you reach you target weight loss.
- Phase 3 – This phase is called the “Maintenance” phase and the total calorie intake is 1500 or more. In this phase, there are certain exercises that you need to follow in order to maintain the ideal weight.
The meal plan is divided into several small meals that are supposed to be consumed at specific intervals starting from the time you wake up till mid-evening. The recipes do not include (at least for Phase 1) margarine, alcohol, sugar, oils, fats, grains, bread, cereal, starchy vegetables, and dairy products. Which is why, it is highly recommended that you consult a dietitian or health nutritionist before you begin the program.
The Diet Reviews
You are aware that the diet is based on the theory of detoxing your body so that it can burn more fat and help you lose weight. Also, Phase 3 (maintenance phase) and the exercise plan help in keeping your ideal weight. But what many people may not be aware of are the pros and cons of the diet.
- The diet plan book is inexpensive.
- A reputed nutrition specialist has designed the program.
- The weight loss is quick and significant.
- The diet incorporates medicinal herbs in their recipes as well.
- The diet keeps a balance between carbohydrates, proteins, and fats which are to be included.
- It promotes a regular workout routine.
- It helps in eliminating harmful toxins from your system.
- The diet also talks about drinking plenty of water and incorporating enough sleep.
- The total calorie intake is pretty low and could be an issue for some (diabetes, heart issues).
- Incorporating certain types of foods can be a bit expensive.
- The ideology that the liver is the “major fat burning organ”, according to Dr. Gittleman, is no accurate as our muscles help burn maximum amount of fat.
- Along with the book, when you sign up for the program, you get a kit which has chromium in it (can have adverse effects on liver and kidney).
- For women, being on this detox diet can interrupt the menstrual cycle.
Restricting the body from eating certain foods, or eating excessively can have both positive or negative effects. And since we are all unique individuals and have specific weight loss requirements and goals, it is wise to consult with your doctor before you begin the diet plan. Getting yourself thoroughly understood about the pros and cons of the diet plan for yourself will be better than jumping into something completely foreign.