These days you have long days at work and so does your partner, but both of you cannot compromise on your dinner. It is important that you have a healthy dinner. Salads, soups, and stir fries are some healthy options that you can choose from.
- 2½ tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp. fresh dill or oregano (chopped)
- ¼ cup ripe black olives (sliced)
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1¼ cups chicken (chopped and cooked)
- 1 medium-sized tomato (chopped)
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ medium-sized cucumber (peeled, seeded, and chopped)
- ¼ cup red onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- In a large bowl, mix the vinegar, oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and dill together.
- Add the chicken pieces to the vinegar mixture and toss well.
- Then add the vegetables and feta cheese to the salad and toss.
- Serve immediately.
- 300 g tofu (drained)
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 150 g broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 150 g thin egg noodles
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tbsp. sweet Indonesian soy sauce
- 250 g Chinese cabbage (core removed and shredded)
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ bunch Chinese broccoli (stems trimmed and cut into 6 cm-thick pieces)
- Cut the tofu into bite-sized pieces and set it aside.
- In a bowl, place the noodles and cover them with warm water.
- Separate the strands with your hands, drain, and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a frypan, add the tofu to it, and cook for about 2 minutes till the pieces turn golden in color.
- Remove the tofu from the frypan.
- Add the broccoli to the pan and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes till they turn tender, yet crisp.
- Add the garlic to the pan and stir fry for another 30-45 seconds.
- Then add the soy sauce and lemon juice and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the noodles, cabbage, and Chinese broccoli.
- Stir fry till the cabbage and Chinese broccoli turn tender; remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the tofu to the noodles and serve immediately.
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces chicken tenders (cut into bite-sized chunks)
- 1 large shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 small zucchini (finely diced)
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning blend
- 2 plum tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. tiny pasta
- 1½ cups baby spinach
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the oil and cook until it turns brown in color. Remove the chicken from the saucepan and keep it aside.
- Add the zucchini, shallot, and seasoning to the frypan. When the vegetables have softened a little, add the salt and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, wine, and pasta to the vegetables.
- Once the ingredients come to a boil, reduce the heat and let the pasta cook till tender.
- Lastly, add the spinach along with the cooked chicken, and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve warm.