Chyawanprash is a “Vedic Functional Food.” The legend is that ‘Chyavana’, an elderly sage wanted to restore his youth and vitality and to achieve it, this formulation was made for him to be consumed. It contained all the essential herbs for vitality like 'Amla', the Indian gooseberry as its base and clarified milk, honey and black sesame oil, the carriers.
List of Ingredients
- Amla fruit
- Long pepper fruit
- Heartwood of Red sandalwood
- Malabar tree leaf
- Ashwagandha root
- Shatavari root
- Bacopa leaf
- Holy basil leaf
- Ginger rhizome
- Raisin fruit
- Licorice stem
- Phyllanthus whole plant
- Zedoary rhizome
- Cinnamon bark
- Saffron stigma
- Wild cardamom seed
- Kudzu root
- Arjuna bark
- Chebulic myrobalan fruit
- Sacred lotus seed
- Neem leaf
- Tribulus fruit
- Golden apple fruit
- Indian tinospora stem
- Nut grass whole plant
- Leptadenia leaf
- Boerhavia root
- Mesua flower
- Amla fruit extract
- Ashwagandha root extract
- Long pepper fruit extract
- Indian cow ghee
- Raw honey
- Cold pressed black sesame oil
Health Benefits of Some of the Ingredients
- Amalika or Amla or Indian gooseberry is the key ingredient of Chyawanprash. Known to be rich in Vitamin C which plays a vital role in boosting the immune system; Amalika/Amla or Indian gooseberry also slows down the ageing process since it contains significant amounts of anti-oxidants, and also prevents hair problems.
- Ashwagandha is an “adaptogen” which helps the body to adapt to stress, and stabilizes the psychological processes. It also acts as an anti-oxidant.
- Long pepper and Malabar Tree reduces the frequency of asthma attacks, and helps in rejuvenising the respiratory system.
- Shatavari helps in pacifying the mind, and maintaining mental stability.
- Arjuna bark helps in treating cardiovascular diseases, asthma, and hypertension. Arjuna along with Lotus seeds is an important heart rejuvenating agent.
- Tinospora is an immunity booster and is also an adaptogen.
- Chebulic Myrobalan helps in preventing digestive disorders, ulcers, food poising and constipation.
- Golden Apple, holy basil, ginger, zeodary, and neem are detoxifiers. All these are used to treat skin problems, ulcers, and also purify the blood.
- Saffron, on the other hand boosts the cardiovascular health, helps fight back the mental depression and anxiety, promotes weight loss, and has anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Cardamom treats high blood pressure, and loss of appetite. It removes all the toxins, and helps in maintaining good oral health.
- Tribulus and boerhavia rejuvenise the kidneys, and have anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative, and antibacterial properties.
- Ghee made of Indian cow milk or Clarified milk is used for maintaining the cholesterol levels, and also acts as a medium for the herbs contained in the Chywanprash.
- Raw honey and black sesame oil are carriers of herbs. These help in better absorption and carry the extracts of herbs deep into the tissues.
Pior Living Chyawanprash has 3 key sustainable ingredients, each of which maps to an Ayurveda life force and helps boost energy. They are Honey (maps to Constitution Energy), Indian non-hybrid grass-fed cow ghee (maps to Transformational Energy) and black sesame seed oil (maps to Conduction Energy).
These ingredients make Chyawanprash a powerhouse of essential nutrients. It helps maintain good health and an overall physical and mental development. When consumed regularly, it proves to be an impeccable food supplement and the results are remarkable!
Disclaimer: The information provided here is for entertainment and reference purposes only, and is not meant to serve as actual medical information. For advice about any of the illnesses listed, please visit a qualified physician.