Although the drink is referred to as a 'lemon ginger tea', it is just ginger boiled in hot water with a few drops of lemon juice..., and there is no tea! Both ginger and lemon are known as one of the most gifted natural herbs which are responsible for treating various disorders, be it cold, flu, fever, or sore throat. In fact, you would be surprised to know that ginger has been used as a significant medicinal herb in China for more than 2,500 years. Apart from China, many other Asian countries including India have used this fabulous solution of lemon ginger tea to cure many many health conditions. Many of us don't realize this, but the use of these simple herbs like ginger and lemon can actually contribute towards building a stronger immunity, thereby preventing a lot of health ailments. And the best part about this is that you don't have to deal with the side effects of medicines, or worry about the doctor's fees. Consumption of these natural herbs can actually save us from a lot of trouble. How? This shall be discussed as under.
Health Benefits of Lemon and Ginger Tea
It's needless to say that this drink is a combination of two of the most complementing herbs in the world. On one hand, where ginger is known for its pungent and strong flavor, lemon can successfully add to the aroma and balance out the pungent taste of the solution. While its aromatic and refreshing flavor helps a person get charged up without consuming caffeine, mentioned below are some of the health benefits of this amazing herbal solution. Have a look!
- Did you know that some medicines for treating nausea can lead to a condition known as serotonin syndrome. So why put yourself in the risk? Take a hot sip of ginger lemon tea and relieve yourself from nausea instantly!
- Other health conditions like motion sickness or dizziness can also be reduced by consumption of lemon ginger tea. So the next time you feel dizzy or suffer from motion sickness, you know which drink to order, right?
- Ginger is known for its natural quality to treat stomach related problems. Combine it with a dash of lemon and there you have a natural and tasty cup of solution which can not only energize you but also help in getting rid of various stomach and digestion related problems.
- Yet another benefit of ginger lemon tea is that it helps in reducing inflammation in the body. This practice of using ginger to fight against inflammation has been observed since ancient times, and still continues.
- Apart from reducing inflammation, lemon ginger tea is also known for reducing migraine pain as it naturally blocks the inflammation of blood vessels present in the brain which results in the pain.
- We all know how important a good metabolism in the human body is to maintain a healthy body and mind! Therefore, it would be extremely beneficial for you if you can drink a cup of lemon ginger tea every morning as it is known to boost your metabolism and improve your blood circulation.
- I am sure each and every health article you read would suggest you to 'lower your cholesterol levels' to keep safe from various chronic conditions like diabetes, blood pressure or heart related problems. Now you can easily do so by drinking lemon ginger tea, as it helps in reducing your cholesterol levels.
- Another benefit of drinking this tea is that it also contributes towards stimulating the appetite of the person. Though there is nothing to worry about it as it also increases your metabolism at the same time.
- You know what my grandma made me drink when I had cold, sore throat, blocked nose or flu like symptoms? She made me drink lemon ginger tea with a drop of honey. Try it out, it sure helps!
- Ginger tea is also known to be useful in reducing chronic pain by relaxing the muscles. It is also helpful when dealing with pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis.
- Lemon ginger tea is a good and healthy source of fulfilling your daily dose of vitamin C. This vitamin is an excellent vitamin for your teeth, mouth and stomach. As a matter of fact, vitamin C is also known to be helpful in preventing various cancers. Therefore, be generous with the lime and drink this amazingly gifted solution to keep yourself safe from the risk.
- This antioxidant herbal drink is extremely helpful in lifting up your mood and triggering your energy levels. I remember during my exams, when I needed mental energy the most, a cup of hot and steaming ginger lemon tea would make my mood lift up instantly, thereby increasing the concentration levels. Not only this, even if you are physically exhausted, ginger lemon tea can boost up your energy levels instantly, try it yourself if you don't believe me!