It is actually a detoxification diet where the body is cleansed of the toxins that get accumulated due to unhealthy diet and lifestyle. Though people take up this diet for the purpose of losing weight, it is actually not something that is made for this purpose. Rather, the main aim of this diet is to cleanse the digestive system.
It is said that the main reason for gaining too much weight is because of the improper functioning of the digestive system. When the digestive system does not work properly, the body does not get the essential nutrients which are necessary for burning excess fat, thus promoting weight gain.
So, when an individual adopts this diet, the digestive system clears up, thus burning the extra calories from the body. If you find this diet interesting, here are few things that you have to know about it.
One very important thing that people ought to understand before beginning is that it is different from the lemon detox diet. This is because the later is a more complex detoxification program where the person has to consume a special lemonade without any solid foods.
However, this diet is comparatively simpler and one need not restrict any kind of solid foods from his diet. Rather, it is important to eat foods that are nutritious and healthy while following this diet. Here are some important points that you have to keep in mind while planning this diet.
The ingredients include juice of one lemon, one cup of hot water and 2 teaspoons sugar. There are some people who prefer cayenne pepper in place of sugar. This should be consumed early in the morning, before you start your daily activities. Once you have started this diet, it is extremely important to consume ample water throughout the day.
● High blood sugar level is one of the reasons that causes excess weight gain. Hence, it is important to control the rise of blood sugar level during this diet. Squeeze lemon juice on your food before eating. It has been observed that this helps in lowering the impact of blood sugar level in the body by 30%.
● Another thing that you have to do while following this diet is to cut down on the intake of sugar and sugar rich foods. This is because sugar consumption promotes the production of insulin which shoots up the blood sugar level in the body drastically.
● Most people think that one can lose weight only by cutting down the fat intake. However, this is actually not true, rather, the body needs some essential fatty acids for losing weight.
Hence, it is important to consume foods that contain unsaturated fats because they help in controlling the body's blood sugar level. However, one must avoid the consumption of saturated fats that are found in foods like pastries, cakes, candies, red meat, etc.
● Other than these foods, it is also important to consume whole foods which include whole grain cereals and breads, brown rice, brown pasta, vegetables, legumes, fresh soups, fruits, etc. on a daily basis. This is because whole foods are unrefined foods which are a rich source of essential nutrients.
● Apart from the food you eat, it is also important to know how you should eat while following a diet. While having meals, one should chew the food slowly as eating food too fast can add stress to the digestive system. Always eat food when you are calm and relaxed, and not when you are stressed, tensed or angry about something.
If you are hungry even after having your meal, wait for twenty minutes before eating again, as it usually takes twenty minutes for the brain to receive the message that the stomach is full. Another important thing is that one has to exercise at least for half an hour everyday while following this diet.
There are many people who have gained positive results with this diet. However, it is extremely crucial to consult your physician before beginning this diet, because it may not be beneficial for people who are suffering from certain health problems.