Some Low-carb Snacks Recipes
One may feel that a low-carb diet limits their breakfast options. However, a little bit of creativity can open up whole new avenues.
- Frozen mixed vegetables (16 oz)
- 2 tbsp. margarine
- 1 ½ cups liquid egg substitute
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp. Tabasco pepper sauce
- Salt to taste
- Heat the frying pan on medium flame. Add margarine and wait until it melts.
- Now add mixed vegetables and cook for about 3 mins. You can select vegetables of your choice.
- A commonly available mixture comprises broccoli, red pepper and corn.
- Put tabasco sauce, salt, water and liquid egg substitute in a bowl and beat the mixture lightly.
- Once the mixture attains consistency, pour it over vegetables in the pan. Cover the pan and cook for at least 15 mins. However keep monitoring the progress.
- Servings: 4
- 1½ packet of natural sweetener
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup water
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- You can serve it immediately or refrigerate for few hours and drink chilled.
- Remember to stir the shake before serving.
- As a variation you can add a peeled and cut banana or vanilla pudding.
- If you like the flavor of cinnamon, you can add ½ tsp. cinnamon powder to the shake.
- Servings: 1
Bacon and Egg Casserole
- 12 hard-cooked and sliced eggs
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 6 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp. butter
- Toasted English muffins [optional]
- Begin by cooking bacon strips in the pan. Then spread cooked strips on paper towels to do away with extra grease.
- Now to prepare sauce, heat a large pan and put butter in it. When butter melts, add all-purpose flour and stir until smooth.
- Add milk and bring the mixture to a boil. Keep stirring the mixture until thickened and then remove from heat. Add process cheese sauce and sour cream and mix well.
- Take a medium-size baking dish, grease it and form the first layer with some sauce. Top this layer with some sliced eggs and bacon. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake for around 25-30 mins at 350° F. Serve with English muffins.
- Servings: 6-8
- 2 pounds medium-size mushrooms
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. chopped green onions
- Chop the mushroom stems and cook them in butter over medium heat for 5-7 mins. Place them on paper towels to drain off excess butter.
- In a bowl, mix blue cheese and cream cheese until the mixture attains a smooth consistency. Add chopped mushroom stems and green onions to the mixture.
- Fill the stuffing in the mushrooms we have cooked. Arrange stuffed mushrooms on the broiling pan and cook until the tops turn golden brown.
- Remove them from the pan and place on paper towels to get rid of extra grease. And your stuffed mushrooms are ready to serve.
- Servings: 8
Tuna Lettuce Salad
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 3 cups lettuce,chopped
- 2 tbsp. miracle whip
- Put chopped lettuce in a salad bowl and add tuna.
- Add miracle whip and mix all the ingredients properly.
- Refrigerate it and your tuna lettuce salad is ready to serve.
- Servings: 1-2
The food options given here will help you deal with the demands of your dietary changes. Now that you have a hang of what you should and should not eat, you are well equipped to come up with your own low-carb snacks. All you need to do is replace the foods you cannot eat with low-carb alternatives.