Before signing up for Nutrisystem, peruse through the reviews of this weight loss program, because it will help you understand the pros and cons better, and will also keep your expectations more realistic.
The Nutrisystem diet plan is a popular weight loss program in the United States, that has been assisting people to lose weight since 1972. The program is customized for men, women, diabetics, and even vegetarians. This plan offers a large variety of food options, and the food chosen is delivered is in the frozen form, right at one’s doorstep. All one needs to do is heat up the food and enjoy the meal. In fact, some are even ready-to-eat meals.
The meals provided are low in saturated fat and comprise the right kinds of carbohydrates, that help lose weight. They are also low in trans fats, sodium content, and are also of smaller portions, so as to control the overall calorie intake. Besides the meals provided, people are asked to consume fresh fruits, vegetables and dairy products.
Pros and Cons of the Nutrisystem Diet Program
- Is great for people living alone, especially those who know nothing about cooking. The pre-prepared meals are ready to eat, thus, saving time and energy.
- Since the meals are delivered home, time invested in grocery shopping, chopping, and preparing the meals can be avoided.
- Nutrisystem meals have been carefully planned and are healthy and well-balanced. They furnish the body with the required nutrients and at the same time control the overall calorie intake.
- Since the meals have been planned by weight-loss experts, one doesn’t need to be bothered by calorie counting.
- This diet plan is suitable for varied lifestyles and personal tastes.
- These meals cost about $10 a day, which brings it to about $300 a month. Thus, Nutrisystem happens to be cheaper than Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers.
- People who have been indulging in junk foods for a major portion of their lives, find themselves struggling with gas problems after switching to Nutrisystem meals. This happens because their bodies take time to adjust to the new, healthy style of food.
- The food delivered is not fresh, thus, once a person is done with Nutrisystem, switching to freshly prepared meals becomes difficult.
- Although it provides a large variety of entrées, some complain that they aren’t flavorful. While the pictures of the pre-prepared packages are very appetizing, the actual meal is often disappointing.
- Though Nutrisystem claims that the sodium content in the food is controlled, pre-packaged foods always has higher sodium content as compared to home-cooked meals.
- Because the meals have been readily provided, a person doesn’t learn to cook healthy, and once the program is done, the person feels lost and finds it difficult to maintain the healthy diet routine. Individuals often end up gaining weight once the program has been stopped.
Overall, the program is helpful, but it does call for personal devotion. While Nutrisystem has helped scores of people lose weight in a healthy manner, individuals have to ensure they maintain a healthy lifestyle once the program is over.