The famous therapy for weight loss – the hCG diet program, has its own benefits and side effects. Here we have covered, in detail, the pros and cons of using hCG drops for weight loss.
Are you planning to begin the hCG diet program, but are in two minds? If your answer is a yes, then the pros and cons of this diet will help you in taking the best decision. Let’s first have a brief introduction to the controversial diet – the hCG diet. The hCG diet, introduced by the British Physician Dr. A.T.W. Simeons, is a famous weight loss therapy. For weight loss, the hCG diet therapy makes use of a low-calorie diet with hCG injections. hCG or the human chorionic gonadotropin is a hormone which is secreted in women during pregnancy. The hormone controls metabolism in pregnant women. It was later discovered that the hormone possesses fat burning properties. The diet has caught the fancy of many people because it promises quick and easy weight loss. hCG diet’s weight loss effects is attributed a lot to the hCG drops.
The use of hCG hormone supplements is not sufficient for weight loss; and it needs to be combined with a low-calorie diet. In this diet, the calorie intake is reduced hugely, and the maximum limit of calories in a day is restricted to around 500 calories. The use of these drops for a weight loss program was always controversial, and the medical fraternity has always emphasized that this is an improper way to lose weight. The correct use of these drops is controlling metabolism in pregnant women. The daily dosage of the hCG drops also causes many side effects in a person. The dosage of the drops generally differs from person to person.
Before you start the hCG diet program, it’s very necessary to know the harmful effects of these drops. Benefits we all know, that it supports in weight loss and helps the body in fat burning. The measuring unit of hCG drops is i.u. (International Unit), and the daily dose is around 125 i.u to 200 i.u. The pros and cons of the drops follow next.
As we had seen earlier, the drops are daily supplements. These drops can also be injected into the body. The benefits of these are drops are immense (only when they are combined with the 500 calorie diet). Get a quick look of the pros below.
- It is natural for a person on hCG diet to feel hungry, because of the low-calorie diet. The most important benefit of using hCG drops is that it helps you in controlling the hunger pangs.
- It improves the metabolic rate, which means a high fat burning capacity.
- It has been found that the hCG hormone helps in detoxifying the body.
- It restricts further loading of fat in the body.
- A person can lose 1-3 lbs daily with proper dosage of these drops, without any exercise!
- The drops are easy to administer, and do not need mixing with any other solution.
It is always best to take FDA approved hCG drops. There are comparatively less problems with these drops. The drawbacks of these drops are as follows.
- The person is bound to experience side effects like headache, nausea, abdominal pain, etc.
- If you are on this diet, and if you feel like doing some exercise, you cannot.
- These drops lack the backing of superior medical fraternity experts.
- The drops alone are of no use, the effect of weight loss can only be experienced along with the diet.
- They cause side effects even during menstrual cycle, so you have to be very careful with the drops.
- The hCG diet and drops, both demand commitment from the person. The person cannot eat any fatty substances, when on this diet.
The decision of using hCG drops is yours. Still, I would like to mention that though lots of obese people have benefited from this diet by shedding many pounds, many of them have regained the lost pounds after discontinuing the diet. So if you want to experience long-term and permanent weight loss, exercise your way to a healthy body!