Relacore is a well-known drug that is used reduce stress, and consequently, bring about weight loss, especially by decreasing the accumulation of belly fat. It is non-sedative in nature and has a slight antianxiety effect on the body. It is believed that weight gain, especially weight gain around the belly area, is a result of excess stress, which can occur due to the secretion of 'stress hormone' cortisol. This hormone brings about a number of systemic changes in the body.
One of the effects of cortisol is the accumulation of fat in the belly area, which is validated by the occurrence of fat accumulation in Cushing's syndrome, a condition where there is excess cortisol in the body. Hence, Relacore claims that it acts by combating cortisol, thus preventing the accumulation of belly fat. However, there are certain side effects that one should be aware of before taking this drug for weight loss.
Mild Side Effects
- Insomnia and difficulty in sleeping
- Nausea and vomiting
- Despite Relacore being a non-sedative medication, some people still claim to feel drowsy after taking this medication
- Blurred vision
- Joint pain
- Welts, which is a raised mark on the skin
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Hair loss, which is mostly transient with thinning of hair
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Flushing of skin
- High blood pressure
- Belching of stomach, with excessive gas production and constipation
- Menstrual cramps and other menstrual irregularities
- Depression and other unusual mood swings
Serious Side Effects
- Heart palpitations is one of the most serious side effects of this pill. This can have grave repercussions, like arrhythmia, etc. Also, this may lead to dangerous and unpredictable fluctuations in the blood pressure of an individual.
- Some people may develop an allergic reaction to this drug, which may manifest in the form of rashes, itching, swelling, etc.
- One of the irreversible side effects is liver damage. Long-term use of this drug is suspected to cause liver damage.
- In some cases, the drug may actually have the opposite effect of its intended use, that is, there may be unexplained weight gain in an individual. Other symptoms mimicking Cushing's syndrome may also be seen.
- Hormone imbalance symptoms like acne, excessive hair growth, hyperpigmentation, etc., may also be one of the side effects.
Although Relacore claims to bring about belly fat reduction, many people have questioned its mechanism of action. Even though there is said to be a clear connection between stress and weight gain in a person, it is nearly impossible to bring about spot reduction, especially when it comes to stubborn belly fat with the help of diet pills. Furthermore, one of the main reasons for weight gain and obesity is overeating. Even overeating, irrespective of whether it is stress-induced or not, leads to obesity, and no diet pill will work if a person overeats while on diet pills. All said and done, Relacore acts by suppressing a natural hormone in the body, and messing with hormones is not such a good idea. Hence, the best way to lose weight is by eating a healthy diet, regularly exercising, and following a healthy lifestyle.
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.