Consuming beet, raw or cooked, is known to keep the liver healthy, purify the blood, regulate blood pressure, cure iron deficiency, and prevent cancer. The high amount of boron contained in beet is also known to boost the production of sex hormones. It provides fiber, which keeps the digestive tract healthy. With so many apparent benefits provided by beet, one would want to include it in one's diet. But how do you do this without resorting to the usual salad and shredded way of inclusion? Well, we are here to tell you just that, but first let's take a look at the major varieties of beet available in the market today.
Here are some of the unusual ways, other than typical recipes like soups, juices, Borscht and salads, by which you can add beet to your diet.
- Take all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, light brown sugar, baking powder and kosher salt into a bowl.
- Take beets, milk, yogurt, egg, butter, and vanilla extract in another bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Mix the first bowl ingredients with the second and stir so that no lumps are formed.
- Put 2 tablespoons of this mixture on an oiled pan kept on medium heat, and cook it for 3 minutes while flipping it. The pancakes are ready to serve.
- 4 medium-sized beets
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- Couple of garlic cloves
- ½ cup fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons of gourmet wine vinegar and more as per taste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh pepper
- 3 chopped small Turkish cucumbers
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Finely diced onion, chopped dill, baby nasturtium leaves, or butter slice, or cream, for garnish
- Soak the beets in a pot of water and cook them for 45 to 60 minutes, while turning the heat down slowly until they turn soft ( fork penetrates easily). Later, chill the contents of the pot.
- Once the beets are cold, peel off their skin. Chop the beets and put them in the blender along with the 2 cups of beet stalk. Add half of the chopped onions, garlic, and 2 cut cucumbers, salt, pepper, vinegar, and about ⅔ of the cut dill. Blend till no lumps are left. Add salt, vinegar, as per taste and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Garnish it with beet, cucumber, avocado, and the remaining dill. Swirl yogurt or cream, and the gazpacho is ready to serve.
- Trim the leaves of each beet up to a length of 2.5 cm. Keep them in a large sauce pan and soak them in water. Heat the water till it begins to boil, and then slowly reduce the heat, and cook for a further 40 minutes. Then drain the water and keep the beets aside.
- Grate the skin of the lemon and squeeze the lemon content with the help of a fine sieve into a bowl. Add capers, olive oil, onion, sugar, a teaspoon of salt and dill. Stir them until fully mixed.
- Peel off the skin of the beets by placing them under cold water. Remove the tops and bottom of the beets. Make fine slices of the beets skillfully.
- Arrange the beet root slices in a serving plate and spread the leftover dressing on the dish. Keep in the fridge for two hours before serving.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter muster
- Add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until their color changes.
- Add beet root, curry leaves, pepper powder, and salt as per the taste and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat. Keep stirring after every couple of minutes. After 7 to 10 minutes, serve hot.
- Another variation that enhances the taste is to add 1 medium-sized shredded carrot to the beet root and curry leaves mixture.
- Couple of cans of no-salt added chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 2 small, peeled cooked and roughly chopped beets
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until smooth (2 - 3 minutes).
- Garnish with dry fruits.
- Heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Peel, trim, and cut the beets into large wedges.
- Place the beet pieces on a large foil.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook for an hour in the oven.
- Till the beets cook, heat olive oil and butter in a pan with lid and add the onion and garlic
- Cook until they turn reddish brown in color.
- Add the risotto rice and stir well to mix until all the rice is covered with butter and oil.
- Now, add white wine and stir the mixture for another 5 minutes.
- Keep stirring and then add the stock of the rice and cook until the rice gets soft.
- Remove the beetroots from the oven, blend a quarter of the beets into a puree.
- Cut the remaining beets into small pieces.
- Mix Parmesan, beetroot puree, and chopped beetroot into the rice thoroughly.
- The dish is ready to serve. Use Parmesan, dill, and cream for garnishing.
- Trim the stalks of the beets to 1-inch in length.
- Boil or roast until the beets turn soft.
- Let the beets cool and then trim the end and peel-off the skin.
- Dice the beets into ¼-inch cubes.
- Pack the cubes tightly into a jar.
- Boil vinegar and spices into a covered sauce pan for 10 minutes.
- Drain out the spices and put jelly to completely dissolve.
- Before the completely dissolved content settles down, put the beetroot so that it completely covers the contents.
- Give it a desired shape by placing the liquid in waxed silicon molds.
- Preheat the oven up to 200°C.
- Take a baking dish and mix beetroot, oil, garlic, and thyme.
- Roast for 20 minutes without covering till the beets turn soft.
- Spread the pasta sauce on pita and place it on oven tray.
- Distribute the beetroot mixture over the pita equally and layer it up with cheese.
- Cook the pita bases for 10 minutes until they turn crispy
- Garnish with baby rocket leaves.
- Boil the beets, peel them when cold, and cut them into pieces.
- Soak the gelatin in water.
- Form a pulp by blending beets, mayonnaise, salt, and coriander.
- To get a sweet and sour taste, add lemon to feel like a puree.
- Warm the gelatin and put some sauce.
- Again blend mixture till it becomes smooth.
- Try to keep the beet puree thick. Meanwhile, cut the rye bread into round pieces.
- Put the bread slices over the herring fillets.
- To give proper shape for mousse use metal rings or cardboard.
- Garnish it with lemon and herbs.
- Add all the ingredients other than beets in a saucepan and boil until the sugar is dissolved.
- Then cover it and turn to simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Cool the sauce or marinade. Store it in cool place for 1 day and cover it to let the flavors soak.
- Get the marinade filtered through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- Take salted water in a saucepan and cook the beets until they turn soft, or for 60 to 75 minutes.
- Remove the water and let cool.
- Peel the beets and cut them into ½-inch cubes.
- Now, mix the sauce or marinade with the boiled beets. Cover them and chill for 1 day.
- Thoroughly mix beets, egg, pepper, onions, salt, ginger, and bread crumbs in a small mixing bowl.
- Take a large skillet, put some oil in it up to height ¼ inches.
- Heat until hot and put ¼ cup of beet mixture into it. Tap the mixture slightly to flatten into fritters.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Take the oil off using paper towels.
- Arrange fritters in a serving plate with a tangy dip.