Today, it has been boasted about across the Internet as being able to reduce weight, fight the signs of aging, and certain cancers. Recently, the benefits of the diet have been promoted to such an extent that it even appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show and gets promotion on various health magazines.
On the talk show, Dr. Nicholas Perricone, MD, talked about the diet and mentioned all the wonderful benefits of the berry; he even stated that the it is considered as the #1 antioxidant food around the world. But what is this diet and is it worth all this hype? Let's find out.
The Truth about Acai Berry Juice
90% of the berry is only seeds, which leaves us with just 10% of Acai that's edible. The diet basically consists of the juice and pulp extracted from the fruit. Later on, the juice is mixed with other energy drinks, ice creams, sodas, and various beverages. You might know about a particular recipe for energy drink which uses the pulp with guarana seeds.
Mostly, in South Brazil, it is eaten with a bowl of granola, during the cold season; whereas in North Brazil, it is served in gourds with tapioca. As many promotional and marketing literature for this diet claim that the health benefits are possible if you follow the diet properly. Of course, including the great fruit into your diet will be nutritious.
Here are some advantages of eating these berries.
- Tops the list of "superfoods"
- Anti-inflammatory and strong antioxidant
- Increases energy levels, better stamina, strong immune system
- Strengthens heart
- Promotes sleep and better rest
- Reduces joint pain and soreness in body
- Fruit is high in fiber
During the Tropical Fruits and Pulps of Frozen Fruits study, it was found that Acai juice diet's potency descended, while acerola (West Indian cherry), mango, strawberry, and grape contained more antioxidants. Now that is something to think about.
The Truth about Acai Berry Pills
In order to produce these pills, manufacturers try to make sure the supplements are 100% organic and pure berries, without any artificial addition. One of the benefits of taking diet pills is that it is much more convenient than drinking the juice.
The pills have no added sugar; however they aren't as tasty as the juices, ice creams, and energy drinks which are available. And, since the berries are highly perishable, what better form than pills to make it available to people all over the world.
To continue on with finding how exactly do the pills help, we will first look at what the health benefits are as the pills claim its users.
- Helps lose weight
- Limits your appetite; reduce food consumption
- High concentration of vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids
- Boosts energy
- Increases overall body metabolism
- Body detoxification
The dried berries are crushed into a powder form, which is later made into pill supplements. Unlike the juice, the supplements have been proven to retain its health benefits. Hence, you can rest assured that you will be getting all the benefits in the form of pills.
Even though the berry falls correct on its other health benefits, the biggest question for those interested in going through with this diet plan is, "How effective is it for you?" Does it actually work towards helping an individual lose weight?
Including nutritious fruits (and vegetables) into your diet can help you lose weight, but not when it is consumed on its own. No diet program works by itself and magically takes the extra weight away. It's obvious that you will require to alter your lifestyle drastically, if you want any noticeable change in your health and the way you look.
You will find more and more people suggesting the consumption of the berry and following the diet due its benefits. You can say that it has now become the talk of the town; a superfood that supposedly helps in losing weight and aiding colon cleanse. Due to this, Acai berry diet's rage has spread all over U.S. and Europe.
It wouldn't be wrong to say that many people are ready to do whatever it takes to get their hands on it. And with hundreds of health blogs and magazines providing their share of reviews, it's no wonder people are reacting to it favorably.
Instead of going through different websites and marketing sites for various diet reviews and scams, why not just meet with your health care provider for more information? He / she is aware of your medical history and can give you complete understanding of how Acai berries work and will they be useful to you or not.