Atkins diet is a novel leverage for losing weight. It is a diet plan that, if one followed with a religious demeanor could leave behind those extra pounds that bother. Atkins diet tips are here at your service.
Atkins diet is another revolutionary plan that helps you bid farewell to those extra kilos. As everyone around, has taken to a predominant sedentary lifestyle, full of luxuries minus the slogging, it is but evident that they are on a mad dash mission to sift away the flab that has happily made its way to envelope into rotund tires. Atkins diet in such situations turns out to be a ray of hope for those who have been intently putting their heart and soul to push off the pounds.
To begin with, let me give you a brief description of what Atkins diet is all about. After all, you have the right to understand and be informed about the diet that you would be taking up to lose weight. Atkins diet popularized by its originator Dr. Robert C. Atkins, is a program that helps you to tone down your weight by making specific changes in your diet and your current lifestyle. It also proves to be an effective alternative in countering obesity and its related health issues such as hypertension, diabetes and cardiac corruptions.
What is ‘So Special’ About the Atkins Diet
The general notion of individuals when they are on a weight loss program is that they have to starve in order to lose weight. With Atkins diet this is not the case. You will not feel the hunger pangs troubling you nor would you find your tummy angry at you for keeping it in famine stricken condition. In the Atkins diet, carbohydrates and sugars are prohibited as they are the ones who are the major collectors of calories and storing them as fats.
With this condition, Dr. Atkins designed a plan which does not prove to be a hindrance in satiating your hunger, thereby also keeping you away from diet rich in carbohydrate. Atkins diet helps you in following a motto of eating the right foods in the right quantity. He believed that the body needn’t starve to achieve an ideal body weight.
Atkins Diet Plan
The Atkins diet plan revolves around low-carb diet. You must keep in mind that inducing a low-carb diet will aid you in keeping your weighty issues at bay, making life stress free thereby also fighting health crises at its best. The Atkins diet plan is divided into four phases. The phases are segregated according to the type of food that you need to consume.
In this phase, the carbohydrate content is set at 20 gm for consumption. Eating vegetables and including meats and fish in your diet is recommended. Out of 20 gm of carbohydrate intake 15 gm must be covered by the inclusion of vegetables in the diet. Foods that have a content of omega-3 fatty acids, peanut, mayonnaise are required for consumption during the initial phase.
Ongoing Weight Loss
In this phase the carbohydrate content is increased gradually in the diet. Fruits, vegetables, beans and salads in a good quantity are recommended.
This is a phase in which the diet has to increase with the consumption of carbohydrate by 10 gm every day until the weight loss program starts to plummet. Carrots, beans, beetroot, parsnips and fruits should be included in this phase of the diet.
This is the fourth and the last phase of the diet. In this phase you are supposed to continue with the third phase diet. By now you will be aware of the combination of foods that elicit a specific effect on your body and your body weight.
Tips to Follow
- Eat well and eat right. Don’t mess around with the quantity of food. Eat until you feel you are done for the time being.
- Eat vegetables and include fruits in your diet. This is a low carb diet and vegetables do have a fiber content that is required in effective digestion.
- Drink a lot of water. Stay hydrated and make sure that your fluid content is not hampered. Water is helpful in flushing out toxins. Keep on sipping water between meals so that you don’t feel so hungry that you are desperate to devour the dinner table!
- Don’t consume a lot of cheese. Cheese can result in constipation. However, cheese in small quantities could be encouraged.
- Stay away from sugars and artificial sweeteners. You could have desserts, however make sure that you have it in moderation and instead supplement your diet with vegetables and fruits.
- Include proteins such as lean meats, fish and eggs. You may have poached eggs instead of your preferred sunny side up swimming in oil.
- Try to eat egg whites and avoid yolks. You may ignore the yolk and include a few egg whites daily.
- Exercise well. There is nothing like exercising and feeling the need for a shower after the intense perspiration that you have endured. It surely gives you a high.
- Go off to bed on time and rise at a stipulated time regularly. Make it a habit to have your meals on time. Shily-shallying with the meal timings may do more harm than good.
- Reduce your stress levels. With stress and tension lurking around, you will not be able to do justice to the diet plan and make a difference to your weight.
- Know the difference between eating wisely and eating fully. It is not required that you feel full and have no more space to accommodate anything else. You could eat wisely and well so that you are not hungry any longer.
- Keep motivating yourself. Don’t let people discourage you. You must keep your hopes high and work towards your goal.
With these Atkins diet tips at hand, you could rest assured to go the right way and finally have your way to lose weight. So, what are you waiting for? Let those extra kilos kick the bucket … quick!