For athletes, taking multivitamin supplements is a top requirement to gain peak performance. However, it is essential to pick the right brand that has a good reputation among the chemists and distributors. In this article, we have discussed some popular multivitamins.
The regular intake of vitamins and minerals is essential for a healthy body. Medical experts advise us to take vitamin supplements in case of a nutritional deficiency. This occurs when the body is not getting the required amount through one’s diet. In cases of athletes, who push their body beyond limits with high impact exercises and workouts several times a week, the need for multivitamins increases to a great extent. That is why they are able to perform at their peak efficiency. They consume more energy and calories and hence, their requirements of multivitamins are quite different from someone who is an office worker. These supplements also increase their endurance power.
How to Choose
Athletes must be aware that there are many firms which are into the business of promoting multivitamins, but only a few of them get approved from the FDA. Hence, choosing the best requires some caution.
- As a matter of fact, nothing can be a substitute for a healthy diet. Beware of products that promise you outstanding results.
- As per research, you don’t require large quantities of iodine, manganese, molybdenum, chloride, boron, biotin, or, pantothenic acid, as these are easily available in regular foods. Moreover, large amounts of phosphorus can impair calcium absorption.
- Check for calcium, selenium, 100 mg (at least) of magnesium, and 18 to 20 mg of iron.
- Look for the COA (Certificate of Analysis) parameter, as these products have to undergo mandatory checking for quality grading.
- Trust companies that follow pharmaceutical GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards.
- Research about the brand whose products you buy.
- Products that have been tried and tested are sold with money back guarantees for a period of 1 to 3 months.
Given below are numerous reviews that will help you to know more about the best types of supplements available in the market.
Whey Protein Supplements
Designer whey protein, syntax nectar, and 100% whey protein supplements are good sources of protein that help in building stronger muscles and promoting greater body strength. Since natural content of protein in foods is usually low, supplements are necessary to increase the quota.
AST Multi Pro 32X
It is rated to be the best for athletes because it contains 31 essential vitamins and minerals that are an easy substitute instead of consuming many pills everyday. With the proper dosage, this pill is sufficient to provide the required nutrients.
Originally, the brand of creatine monohydrate, EAS Phosphagen was introduced in 1990s and is still a popular sports nutrition supplement. Similarly, Xyience NOXCG3 is another highly acclaimed creatine product.
Universal Animal Pak
Having been in existence since the 1980s, this is also one of the best products for nutrition supplementation. It contains a rich mix of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids. The dosage of Universal Animal Pak is a bit high and one is required to consume eleven pills twice daily. It also consists of essential fats that are helpful in metabolism.
NOW Foods ADAM
Nowadays, there is a little more focus on developing such products for sportsmen. NOW Foods ADAM is a product that is specifically meant for male athletes. It consists of zinc, gingko biloba, and saw palmetto. It is good for those who participate in strenuous activities.
Orange Triad is designed to take care of many issues ranging from digestive system problems to joint pains. It is easy on the stomach and helps in boosting the immune system.
There are many other brands for men that can help younger men achieve a healthy body and muscle mass. While athletes aim for stronger muscles, they also attempt to lose weight so that they can perform better.
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only and does not in any way attempt to replace the advice offered by an expert on the subject.