Following a low-calorie diet is the best way of achieving the goal of weight loss. A calorie restriction diet can keep you fit and active forever. Read on to know more about how to cut down calories in daily food intake.
Calorie is the unit with which you can measure the amount of energy present in the given food item. The energy obtained from food is used by the body to carry out all the necessary activities. The body uses the energy economically. Whenever you overfill your body, ignoring the calories, your body saves the fuel for the future, in the form of fat. If you want to burn the stored fat, you should consume lesser calories than those required to fuel your daily processes. When the body experiences lack of calories, it uses the stored fat as the source of energy.
‘Calorie restriction diet’ means ‘focusing on low-calorie drinks and foods’. If you sincerely want to lose body fat, you need to burn more calories than calories consumed and following a low-calorie diet may not be sufficient for achieving the desired goal. You should do exercises regularly. Here follows important information on low-calorie meal plans.
Low Calorie Meal Plans
Usually, diets are followed to avoid health problems. Dieting helps lead an active and happy life. You can manage diseases and disorders like obesity, heart diseases, diabetes, etc., with the help of proper diet. These days, people are always in search of a new, suitable calorie restricted diet menu. Whatever may be the cause, if you are thinking of opting for a low-calorie diet, you should opt for a diet that provides all essential nutrients (vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, etc.). Sedentary lifestyle adds up extra inches to your waistline.
To enjoy perfect curves at perfect places, you may reduce the daily calorie intake by 500 calories, so that you can lose 1 pound per week. By referring to the height and weight charts, you can decide how many pounds you need to shed. Less than 1200 calorie diet is not advisable in any case, as it may lead to vitamin deficiency and fatigue. The chances are more that you may leave such diet halfway. If you want to know about low-calorie foods, you will get lists of such foods on the Internet. If you wish to get into the desired weight range, here is a list of food items which can be included in your low-calorie diet plan. If you sincerely include the following items in your diet, you will get the desired results fast and it will definitely help boost your confidence.
How to Lower the Daily Calorie Intake
- Avoid alcohol as alcohol contains sugar which adds a significant number of calories to your diet.
- Fruits and yogurt can make a great combination. Enjoy fruits and vegetables as snacks.
- Air-popped popcorn (without butter) is considered as one of the best snacks for low-calorie diet.
- Low calorie version of cheese, milk, etc., should be included in your diet.
- The ready-made low-calorie snack bars can help cut off the calorie count.
- Rice cakes are low in calories.
- Wheat breads are also low in calories.
- You can enjoy sugar-free jell O and whipped butter.
- Peanut butter with pinto beans can give you the feeling of satiation, though low in calories.
- Hard-boiled eggs can be consumed as a healthy snack.
- Soy and carrots offer a great way to reduce calories. Try soy chips instead of potato chips.
- You can skip a meal and can have just a low-calorie soup and sandwich.
- Some liquid diets are popular as weight loss diets. You may follow a liquid diet that works; but check whether the diet plan is suitable for you.
- You can replace a meal with fruits, fruit juice and salad.
- You can suppress hunger by drinking plenty of water or juices if you want to restrict the calories.
- Raw, low-calorie vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, nuts, almonds and fruits like apple, kiwi, etc. can be consumed as snacks..
I hope you found the above tips helpful. Persistent consumption of fewer calories can cause severe health complications. Even moderate calorie restriction may be harmful in some individuals like lean persons. Remember, calorie restriction diet or fasting, when not affiliated with malnutrition, helps improve the overall health of a person