Diet meal plans help you get in shape, making you feel healthier than ever. Find out how you can shed those extra pounds, by switching your diet plans for something more benefiting…
It is disheartening to stand on a weighing scale and watch numbers go beyond a desired weight bracket you wish you were within, but there are ways to make that wish come true. All it takes is self-control and determination to achieve that weight or size you want to be seen in. Losing weight is no easy task; it involves a lot of hard work on your part to get into that regular schedule of sticking to your diet plan. You can still enjoy your favorite foods, without having to go on a binging rampage when the urge becomes too much to handle.
Diet Meal Plans for Men and Women
Your body needs to get used to these healthy diet meal plans. The body’s mechanism is such, that it needs to adjust to change slowly, by gradually getting used to the new food intake with the weekly diet meal plans. Once it gets used to it, it works out a new system, therefore functioning differently. This is by either showing the significant effects of those particular foods, or changing the body’s overall look, because of a change in portions and meal options. Here’s how you can get into a weight loss diet that is simple, which you will automatically in time turn to as a healthier crutch to lean on.
Eat Breakfast Like a King
This doesn’t mean that you have to wash down pancakes, bacon and eggs. This translates into eating healthy food that you can take large portions of being your first important meal of the day. Here’s how one’s breakfast plan should be.
- When you wake up in the morning, opt for low-fat milk and go with whole wheat cereal, that doesn’t require sugar additions.
- Take a small bowl of cereal, milk and add some fruit to it for taste if you find it a little bland and if it doesn’t come flavored. Berries of any kind or a tablespoon of honey, is a good option.
- Eat either one banana and an apple, a small bowl of watermelon or a bowl of muskmelon (before you eat cereal).
- Eat slowly, munching at least six times before you swallow. The smaller the portions you eat, the lesser your stomach will tend to bloat.
- Decaffeinated coffee with low-fat cream/milk and stevia, should be what you drink at home or outdoors.
- Breakfast can consist of two hard-boiled eggs, or an omelet fried In non-fat oil (olive oil is a good substitute).
- Don’t make eating eggs in the week a regular habit, switch between the cereal/fruit diet for the eggs and toast (brown bread), twice a week.
Snack During the Day
While outdoors, indoors, at work, or wherever, make it a point to munch on healthy munchies like whole grain biscuits (plain/unsalted) or nuts (avoid ground nuts, peanuts and cashews – try pine nuts, almonds or a handful of pistachios instead – all unsalted) or even a bowl of grapes and a cup of plain green tea (minus milk and sugar, except, of course stevia, if you find it a little too bitter, or squeeze in a lemon half). Drink lots of water between breakfast and lunch.
Lunchtime Diet Plan
Lunch should consist of healthy eatables that aren’t greasy/fried, or junk food related.
- Take a nice big bowl of salad – tomatoes, lettuce leaves, black olives, a drizzle of olive oil/low-fat dressing, cucumbers, broccoli, julienned carrots and capsicum and some chili flakes/one green chili (sliced) – eaten either plain or with poached shredded chicken.
- You can also eat a portion of grilled chicken/salmon/other fish.
- Don’t mix the two meals together (salad and grilled dish), since it can be filling; remember – never eat until you’re too full, but only enough to make sure you’ve eaten.
- You can try out making shakes by looking at different weight loss shake recipes, that are full of nutrients and can be quite filling. You can also incorporate shakes in your breakfast plan by substituting the fruit bowl.
Evening End Meal Plan
Between lunchtime and evening, nothing should be consumed except for green tea or lots of water. Once you’re home during the evening, eat your last meal by 7:30 p.m or 8 p.m at the latest. The stomach needs to be empty at least two hours before you head to bed, and eating later than 8pm when the body slows down digestion, keeps food in your stomach longer, making room for one to stay bloated.
- You can have toast (brown bread) with non-fat butter (avoid cheese).
- With that you can have green tea (I keep repeating this, because it aids in weight loss) with stevia.
- You can have a small bowl of fruit minus the toast and butter though in the same evening.
You need to walk at least 3-4 km a week, which is about 10-15 minutes of brisk walking/jogging in a day. You don’t have to do any vigorous exercises, just make sure you opt for the staircase instead of the elevator. Try walking distances like when you go to the store, or to a place that isn’t so far off. You can also try signing up for yoga classes to get your body in shape in a more relaxed setting to help you cut the calories.
If you feel the need to eat later in the night, just drink water, but not later than 8 pm like I said. Your metabolism isn’t as high as it is in the morning and during the day, so make use of it when it is at its peak and not during sundown. These diet meal plans will surely let your body trim down all those unnecessary calories that have been riding on you for years.
Foods to Avoid
The daily meal plan to lose weight will work in your favor provided that you stay clear of junk that will hinder your healthy weight loss plan.
- Carbohydrates like white bread, sugary foods, sweets, chocolates, starchy foods and so on must be avoided.
- Junk food should be eliminated from the diet in the first six months, where from month 7 you can use one day of the week, preferably Sunday, to eat what your favorite foods (without overdoing it of course).
- Avoid excessive binging and only eat how much your body can handle, that is, not till your stomach is tightened when you’re excessively full.
Diet Food Plan
The diet food plan table that you can refer to before you begin your weight loss regime.
|Evening Diet Plan
|Low fat milk with cereal (add fruit if needed)
|Big bowl of salad – tomatoes, lettuce leaves, olives, a drizzle of olive oil/low-fat dressing, cucumbers, broccoli, julienned carrots and capsicum and some chili flakes/one green chili (plain/with boiled shredded chicken)
|Toast with non-fat butter (avoid cheese)
|Two bananas and an apple
|Nuts (avoid almonds, ground nuts, peanuts and cashews – try pine nuts and pistachios instead)
|Portion of grilled chicken/salmon/other fish
|Green tea with brown sugar
|Small bowl of watermelon or a bowl of muskmelon
|Green tea with brown sugar/squeezed lemon half
|Weight loss shakes
|Small fruit bowl with green tea
|Two hard-boiled eggs, or an omelet fried In non-fat oil (olive oil) and decaffeinated coffee with low-fat cream/milk and brown sugar
|Drink plenty of water
These diet meal plans can work wonders if you’re committed to what you are working for, that is, losing body fat and looking leaner. These diet plans work, it did for me, and I’m sure it will for you too. Have a healthy tomorrow!