Are you thinking of changing your diet to combat increasing weight and achieve your goal of becoming slim? If yes, then this NutriNeat article offers you a list of foods to be included in your diet as well as a sample breakfast-to-dinner menu to help you in planning your diet.
Allowing your weight to increase more than what is normal for you, is asking for trouble. Each extra pound you carry can mark you as a candidate for heart diseases, obesity, etc. The food we eat contains calories, which are necessary for our well-being. Calories are burned during our daily activities. If your daily calorie intake is more than your daily calorie expenditure, or rather the calorie burning capability, then the surplus calories get converted into fat, which is stored in the body. Whenever the need arises, the stored body fat is burned to provide energy. However, it depends on your dietary habits. You can change your normal diet to a fat burning one, to control and eventually lose weight.
Skipping meals, in order to lose weight, have adverse effects on your metabolism rate. It is possible to plan a diet that burns more calories than it supplies to you. This plan aims to fulfill the deficit of calories, by utilizing the fat stored in the body. Low-carb diet is recommended for losing weight. However, it often leaves you tired. Some of the experts recommend that it is wise to alternate between high and low carbohydrate diet plans while trying to lose weight. Generally, these plans are aimed at fulfilling 80-85% of your daily calorie needs and drawing the balance of your body fat.
Your daily diet should include the following foods:
- White or sweet potatoes
- Whole wheat bread
- Fruits: Fruits rich in vitamin C, such as limes and grapefruits form an important part of this diet. Vitamin C acts on the fat, simplifies it, and makes it easy for the body to release it.
- Apples: A chemical called ‘pectin’ is present in apples. It prevents the body cells from absorbing the fats in the ingested food. It also encourages the absorption of water from the food.
- Chillies: Capsaicin is a chemical present in chillies, that can increase your rate of metabolism.
- Your plan to burn fats must include food items, which contain a high percentage of fibers and which have low glycemic index such as lentils.
- The food items such as dried peas, tomatoes, and zucchini can also be included in the diet.
- Vegetables like cauliflowers, asparagus, broccoli, and sweetened low-fat yogurt, which has glycemic index of 15 can also be a part of your food.
- Fish like tuna and salmon
- Chicken and beef
Best Diet for Losing Weight
The following is a simple plan (for one day) that can give you a fair idea, how to plan your fat loss diet :
- 1 waffle
- 15 grams of peanut butter (natural)
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of whole milk, or skim or soy milk.
- 115 grams of seared tuna fish
- Salad greens
- 15 grams of walnuts
- ½ cup of whole wheat bread
- ½ cup of rice. If you feel hungry between the meals, then consume food with low glycemic index.
It is essential that you, in consultation with your dietitian, work out a plan and follow it strictly along with regular exercises. Strict discipline and positive thinking will help you achieve your goal of weight loss. Remember, setting a realistic goal is the first step in achieving it. Best of luck!