Lemonade detox diet, a part of the Master Cleanse diet, is a method to improve your overall health by the way of cleansing the colon. It is also known as detoxification of the body. This NutriNeat article offers you an insight into the details of this much helpful detox diet.
Detoxification of our body is very essential to maintain good health. Detox, as it is commonly called these days, rids the body of toxins and unnecessary substances and is a viable option for cleansing our body, once in a while. This entire process, or rather the dieting program for cleansing our body is called Master Cleanse. Now, this Master Cleanse diet includes lemon cleanse and maple syrup. In case you are planning to go on a lemonade detox diet, this is what perhaps you might want to know.
Diet for Weight Loss
The basic contention about these diets as regards to losing weight is that, a detox diet frees your body of toxins, which constitute a certain amount of your weight. Hence, basically what this diet does is that it helps you lose weight. Now, you must be thinking how does this work towards that goal? Well, it is advised that before you embark on this diet, clear the bowels a day prior by taking a laxative. What happens is, years of toxin accumulation as a result of consumption of unhealthy food leads to pressure on your colon. The colon then gets loaded with toxic mucus. As it piles up, the colon opening starts getting blocked and the waste is not passed properly through it. If this continues, it can be really harmful to your body while adding to your body weight. However, this detox diet flushes out the waste and harmful toxins, thus keeping your body weight under control. The diet ranges between 3 days to a fortnight.
- On the first day, eliminate meat and food, which is processed.
- Have only juices on day 2.
- On the third day, drink orange juice freshly prepared at home, with 2 tbsp., of maple syrup.
The Lemonade Diet
- Prepare 2 liters of lemonade, made with lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. In addition to that, have a liter of water.
- Drink these 3 liters of liquid the entire day.
- Finally, flush your system using saltwater flush, specifically at night. The ideal situation would be to have a liter of saltwater in one go.
- However, the important thing to remember here is that, you cannot go to the bathroom until you can no longer control the bowel movement.
- Once you start having bowel movements, expect them to come in a string and unless 15 minutes pass without a trip to the bathroom, do not consider this as over!
- It is warned not to extend any of these diet plans for more than a couple of weeks.
Back to Normal Routine
- Just as you started, bring the diet to a close by having orange juice (3 liters) accompanied by 2 tbsp., of maple syrup, on the first day.
- The next day, you can have other fruit and vegetable juices.
- On the 3rd day, have fruits and minimally processed vegetables.
- Eventually, you can start with regular diet or food, from the fourth day.
To follow all this, however, you need to know about a few particular lemonade recipes. A very common among these recipes is as follows:
Mix 2 tbsp., of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 tbsp., of natural maple syrup, a pinch of cayenne pepper powder with 10 ounces of pure water. Your diet lemonade drink is ready.
However, just as this diet is believed to be good for weight loss, going overboard with this can surely lead to side effects. These can be dizziness, hunger, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, and lack of vitality and energy. Therefore, follow this diet only after consulting an expert.
This diet is believed to help you deal with chronic health problems and if not that, it helps to keep your digestive system clean.