Master-cleanse diet involves the consumption of 6-12 glasses of lemonade per day. It is an intermix of water, lemon juice, maple juice, and small amounts of cayenne pepper. It gives you approximately 650 calories in one day. Since you get less calories than the actual per day calorie requirement of your body, you are bound to lose weight, and that too at a faster pace. Master-cleanse program is followed for a period of 10-40 days.
During this period, your digestive system is almost shut down, and the body shifts itself to 'survival mode' because of the insufficiency of nutrients to carry out the daily metabolic activities. Under such a situation, if you start eating your normal diet all of a sudden, then your body will store the nutrients in the form of fat to ensure the availability of energy source in future. This means that you will gain weight, and that too at a much faster rate, which in turn will make your weight loss after master cleanse go in vain. Therefore, it is very important to act sensibly after the cleansing diet to maintain the weight loss.
The transition period for a lemonade-diet program depends on how prolonged it is. The transition period is the time period which you will take to come back to normal diet after the completion of master cleanse. This period is very crucial as it will give your body a smooth shift from survival mode to normal-physiological conditions. Your digestive system is almost inactive for quite sometime and sudden overload may give you painful results. Do not strain your stomach with heavy foods and drinks. When you are done with the cleaning diet program, follow a recommended procedure to come back to the normal diet.
Recommended Diet for Transition Period
- Day 1: Take only orange juice.
- Day 2: Take vegetable soup along with orange juice.
- Day 3: Start eating solid but raw foods. Take green vegetables and fruit salads.
- Day 4: Your body is now prepared to take in normal foods. Follow a balanced diet from this day onwards.
- Follow the given transition period diet
- Follow a healthy diet and include more raw foods in it.
- Continue drinking plenty of water. On an average, drink 8-10 glasses of water.
- Try to eat natural foodstuffs as much as possible.
- Completely refrain from processed-food products and refined oils.
- If you have to eat a packed food item, then read the ingredients present in it. Go for the healthiest option available.
- Listen to your body and eat only when you feel the need to. Do not make your body a storehouse of foodstuffs.
- Enjoy the food that you eat. Feel happy with eating foods with wholesome goodness.
- Chew the food properly. This will not only assist digestion but will also make you feel satisfied with food early, and thus will protect you from overeating.
- Educate yourself about the portion size. Eat all varieties of foodstuffs in their natural and healthiest forms, but keep a check on their intake amount.
- Eat 5-6 times a day instead of eating three heavy meals. This simply boosts the metabolism.
- Starve your cravings for junk food. At times, it might be a bit difficult to follow, but the benefit lies in curbing the unhealthy desires. For e.g., eat a slice of watermelon instead of a candy bar.
- Exercise moderately, but regularly. Walk for at least 30 minutes daily.
- Take regular measurements of yourself. Whenever you notice an increase in your waist, arm, size, etc., make necessary adjustments in your diet and physical activities.
- In case you eat or drink something that bloats up your abdomen, try your level best to come back to your normal size by only consuming lemonade, and walking or exercising more the next day.
- Last but not the least, find pleasure in adhering to a healthy lifestyle.
Thus, maintaining weight loss after a master-cleanse diet requires nothing but following a healthy lifestyle. It is needless to mention all the benefits of healthy living. You get a super-fit figure in addition to a long-term sound health. So, try out all the aforementioned weight loss maintenance tips and look slim and good always.
Disclaimer: This NutriNeat article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.