Wondering what kinda nutrition nachos have in store for you? Read on to know about the calories and nutritional information in this dish. You will get plenty of reasons to grab a packet.
Nachos is a Mexican snack which is made from corn. It can be quickly served with salsa sauce to serve it as a quick snack, or can be served as meal by adding ingredients to it. Nachos are also called tortilla chips that are covered in melted cheese. But there are calories to this snack. Nachos calories are high when it comes to carbs and fats.
If you believe in fitness, or if you are on a weight loss program, you might want to count the calories. They are also called ‘loaded nachos’ that are served with toppings like tomatoes, salsa sauce, jalapeños, etc. Such a dish is usually served in bars and pubs in the United States, as an appetizer along with the drinks.
Nachos is originally a Mexican dish, and have been around for hundreds of years. But the world believes that nachos were invented in 1940s, when a restaurant staff member named Ignacio, came up with an idea of melting a slice of longhorn cheddar cheese on a tortilla chip. He also insisted on adding jalapeño pepper. The people loved the snack and nachos, as we now believe to know, are tortilla chips dipped in cheese and served with a sauce, became popular in the 1970s.
Nachos are also served with meat like chicken and beef, and other items (non-meat) like chili, cinnamon, sugar, and salsa sauce. Here’s a list of toppings that can be used to add an addictive taste to your bowl of nachos.
- Diced/Shredded Chicken
- Shredded Pork
- Shrimp or Crab
- Seasoned Ground Beef
- Diced Green Onions
- Diced Red Onions
- Sliced Jalapeño Peppers
- Sliced Banana Peppers
- Diced Tomatoes
- Diced White Onions
- Shredded Mexican Mix
- Shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack
- Jarred Cheese Dip
» Sauces and Creams
- Sour Cream
- Salsa (on the side)
Nachos are low in cholesterol and sugar. Here is a detailed table to provide some more nutritional information.
Calories Contained Within Common Nacho Accompaniments
|Accompaniments (1 portion)||Calories Per Dish|
|Beef, Beans, and Cheese||787|
|Chicken and Cheese||538|
|Cinnamon and Sugar||592|
The following detailed nutrition information is for 1 portion of nachos (6 – 8 nachos) with Cheese.
- Nachos Calories (nachos with cheese): The total calorie count of one portion of this recipe is 346 calories. Calories from fat amounts to 171, calories from protein equals to 36 and calories from carbohydrates is equal to 145.
- Fat: One serving of Nachos with cheese has 18.95 grams fat, out of which 7.78 grams are from saturated fat, and the trans fat remain unknown. The remaining 11.17 grams are unaccounted for.
- Cholesterol: There are 18.08 mg of cholesterol per serving.
- Carbohydrates: The total carbohydrate count for one portion is 36.33 grams. The sugar and fiber content for this particular recipe is unknown.
- Protein: Protein amounts to 9.41 grams in one serving.
- Minerals: If you wondered whether this dish provides you with any minerals, you will be surprised to know that it has 1.28 mg of iron, 171.76 mg of potassium, 272.33 mg of calcium, and 815.86 mg of sodium in each serving.
- Vitamins: The dish contains vitamins C and A in nachos with cheese. There is 1.24 mg of Vitamin C and 559.35 international units of Vitamin A in each serving.
With the information on nachos calories, we are sure you will keep its count the next time you grab a packet of tortillas to eat. As we always say, stay fit; stay healthy!