The nutritional value of powdered egg whites is considerably high. It’s rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals and amino acids and thus, you can include it everyday in your diet. We have provided you its nutrition facts in detail here. Find out…
Powered egg whites have a high degree of consumer satisfaction, because they are rich in proteins and various other essential nutrients. They are industrially processed, wherein the pure egg albumen is used for the purpose of making the powder. Powdered egg whites, also known as dehydrated egg powders are pasteurized under controlled conditions that retain the nutrients contained in their raw form. Sometimes, they are also enriched with vitamins and minerals, that further increase their nutritional value.
Powdered Egg Whites Nutrition Facts: An Overview
|Total Calories (kJ)||1573|
The dry powder is used in cooking and you can also make a paste of it by adding water. Since the powder is devoid of moisture, you can store it in room temperature as well. To be precise, refrigeration is not required. We shall provide you the calorie content of powdered egg white in the following table.
From the aforementioned table we deduce that:
- The calorie content of 100 grams of powdered egg whites is extremely less. This makes it a wonderful substitute of raw eggs. The albumin is already separated and you can give yourself a quick treat by combining it with protein shakes.
- Raw eggs, being rich in proteins, can be consumed safely without worrying about weight gain. You can incorporate it in your weight loss diet and prepare healthy recipes, like poach and omelet out of it.
- The sugar and carbohydrate content is greatly reduced and for this reason, powdered egg whites are recommended to people having high blood sugar or diabetes.
- However, doctors restrict consuming dry egg whites to people suffering from high uric acid and renal disorders that get aggravated on consumption of proteins.
- Powdered egg white is devoid of saturated fatty acids and cholesterol. The little amount of fat contained in it comes from mono unsaturated fatty acids. Thus, it’s healthy for people with high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
We shall provide you the nutritional information (vitamins and minerals) in next tables.
|Amino Acids (100g)|
Note: The data provided in both the tables has been taken from USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference.
- We have listed out the most important nutrients in the aforementioned table. You can well understand the fact that powdered egg whites are rich in vitamins, minerals and amino acids. All these compounds are essential for proper functioning of your body.
- Apart from these vitamins, it also contains adequate amount of folate, choline and folic acid. These vitamins are necessary for the activity of different types of biochemical enzymes present inside our body.
- The load of amino acid is considerably high, like proteins. Powdered egg whites are excellent sources of phenylalanine, arginine, isoleucine and threonine and tryptophan as well.
You can purchase the packaged products either from departmental stores or order them online. Products from Jay Robb, Honeyville Farms and Rose Acre Farms are popular in the market. They also come blended with flavors of vanilla and chocolate and you can use them for preparing different types of dishes.