A simple diet plan is one which is easy to follow, provides you with the necessary nutrients and cuts down excessive fat intake. Read on for more information on simple diets.
For most of us today, a hectic lifestyle has made it difficult for us to maintain a healthy food habit. A need to lose weight has become a common problem for many people around the world. Most people opt for fad diets which only have short-term effects and ultimately result in regaining all the weight which demotivates the person. For a diet to work, it has to be balanced and nutritious. It should provide the body with necessary nutrients while eliminating fats from the body.
A simple diet is one which is easy to follow and which is effective. It is a misconception that going on a diet means that you have to starve. A simple diet plan is one which cuts down the unnecessary calories by including foods that are in their natural state, for example, raw foods like fruits and vegetables. Also, a simple diet is one that can be incorporated in your daily lifestyle. Now, we all know that with our busy schedule, it is impossible to make different food items just for our consumption everyday. So, by following a few simple tips and by counting your calories, you can probably fit back into those old jeans!
Basic Guidelines for a Simple Diet
The following are a list of diet tips that are necessary to be followed for any diet plan.
- Commit to consuming 4 – 6 small meals and snacks everyday.
- To succeed, you must plan ahead by deciding your foods the night before. Thus, you will always have fresh and low-fat healthy foods around.
- Keep it simple. Do not go into details about the specifics of the diet. Start by simply just counting calories.
- It is important to eat your foods slower, as this helps in reducing the amount of food that is being consumed.
- If you are opting for a simple detox diet plan then make healthier food choices like opting for fruits, vegetables, whole grain cereals, beans, low-fat or fat-free dairy products, low-fat meats, fish and skinless poultry.
- Use a variety of fruits and vegetables in your nutrition plan. Start by trying to eat 5 servings of vegetables and fruits every single day.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat only when you are hungry.
- Do not ever starve yourself. If you starve yourself, you will end up eating more later on. So, it is best to have a fruit or salad or even low fat-yogurt as a snack if you are really hungry.
- Ensure that you do not skip a meal as this results in an increase in hunger pangs later on. Most people have a tendency to skip breakfast, which ultimately makes them eat more in the day.
- Most importantly, set realistic goals or you will end up being disappointed and demotivated.
Simple Diet Plan Sample
The following are possible meals while following free simple diet plans that will give you an idea as to how to prepare one that suits your taste and preference. You can modify the following plans but make sure that you replace it with something equally nutritious and with the same calorie count.
|1000 calorie diet plan||Cereal and fruit – 4 tbsp bran flakes with semi-skimmed milk and 1 apple||Mozzarella, avocado and tomato salad – Slice 50g/2oz reduced-fat mozzarella cheese and arrange on a plate with 1 sliced tomato, half of a small sliced avocado, fresh basil and balsamic vinegar. Serve with salad and a 5cm/2” piece of French bread||Roast pork dinner – Serve 2 thin slices of lean roast pork with 2 medium-sized roast potatoes, 2 tbsp apple sauce, vegetables and fat-free gravy||3 tbsp reduced-fat hummus with crudités|
|1200 calorie diet plan||Croissant and jam – 1 warmed croissant with 2 tsp jam||Roast beef salad – Serve 2 slices of lean roast beef with 1 jacket potato, salad and 2 tbsp of fat-free dressing||Baked salmon with peppers – Slice half a green pepper and half a red pepper. Place on a piece of foil with 1 raw salmon steak. Add some lemon juice and black pepper, fold up the foil and bake until the fish is cooked. Serve with 4 boiled new potatoes, cooked in their skins, and vegetables||1 small banana, 1 apple and 1 small orange|
|1400 calorie diet plan||Beans on toast – 1 slice wholemeal toast with 1 small can baked beans in tomato sauce||Pitta bread and tzatziki with fruit – Warm 1 wholemeal pitta bread and serve with 170 gm tub tzatziki and salad. Plus 1 banana and 12 grapes||Prawn curry – Spray a non-stick pan with oil, heat, and fry 150gm/5oz prawns and a selection of vegetables until browned. Add half a jar of low-fat korma curry sauce and cook for 15 more minutes. Serve with 6 tbsp of cooked brown rice. Along with this meal, eat 1 small banana||Light crackers with cheese|
This was to give you an idea for a simple diet plan for weight loss. But remember, that along with following a diet, it is equally important to exercise daily. It’s best to consult a doctor before you start with it.