Weight Watchers vegetable soup is prepared from fresh green vegetables rich in vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients.
Disclaimer: The team of Weight Watchers keeps updating the program, according to the requirements/feedback of their members. The program has been updated many times, the latest one being the Weight Watchers 360° program, which was unveiled on the 3rd of December, 2012. The program teaches members how to manage their food environment, claiming that we tend to eat what we see. It also guides people on ways to control their temptation, and to avoid pleasure eating. Weight Watchers has not increased their rates for this new approach, and all the meetings, eTools, and apps are included in the total fee.
The content in this article explains the Weight Watchers program in detail. The details of the current program are exclusively available to the paid members of Weight Watchers.
Vegetable soups containing very low calorie ingredients are healthy for everyone, including those who are on the Weight Watchers program. If you are accustomed with the menus included under this diet, then probably a bowl of vegetable soup will be most useful for you. The calories in Weight Watchers vegetable soup are low, and you can prepare them at home with minimal addition of fatty products to keep your weight under control.
Weight Watchers vegetable soup in crock pot retain the nutritional value of the vegetables. The nutrition is associated with different types of 0 point soups that are highly nutritious, containing more amount of protein. Chicken soups and vegetable stews are the most common types out of all. 0 points mean the soups contain negligible calories that impose a check in weight gain.
Mushroom and Black Beans Soup
- Mushrooms, 1 pound
- Black beans, 2 cans
- Onions, chopped, 2
- Water, ¼ cup
- Vegetable broth, fat-free, 5½ cups
- Extra-virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon
- Tomatoes (diced) ½ cup
- Cumin (ground) 1 teaspoon
- Zucchini, chopped, 1
- Jalapeno (chopped) 2
- Fresh lime juice, 2 teaspoons
- Heat olive oil in Dutch oven and add the cumin seeds, onion, zucchini, and jalapeno to it.
- Fry them a little and then, add mushroom and black beans. Add a pinch of salt.
- Pour water and then cook them for 10-15 minutes. Cover the vessel with the lid and the vegetables will get cooked in the heat.
- In between add the broth, lime juice, tomatoes, and pepper. Stir the soup for some time.
- Serve the soup hot and make some salad for side dish.
Cabbage and Carrot Soup
- Shredded cabbage, 2 cups
- Carrot chopped, 3
- Cannellini beans, ½ cup
- Fresh basil (chopped) ¼ cup
- Tomatoes (crushed) 18 oz.
- Garlic (chopped) 2 cloves
- Green onions (chopped) 2
- Dried marjoram, 2 teaspoons
- Water, 1 cup
- Pour water in a crock pot and add all the ingredients in it. Sprinkle salt.
- Cover the pot and boil for 5 minutes.
- Let the soup settle down for sometime and then open the lid.
- Add pepper from the top and stir 3-4 times to blend the ingredients well.
- Serve with chopped mint leaves and spring onions.
Tomato Celery Soup
- Tomato juice, 1½ cup
- Celery diced, ½ cup
- French beans, 1 can
- Vegetable broth, ½ cup
- Cabbage (shredded) 3 cups
- Onion (chopped) ½ cup
- Parsley, 1 teaspoon
- Pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Water, 2 cups
- Pour water in a vessel and add all the ingredients, except the French beans and vegetable broth.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then add vegetable broth and French beans. Cover the skillet.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes more under low heat.
- The soup is now ready. Sprinkle a little pepper and mix 1 tsp of sour cream. Serve hot.
You can improvise with the ingredients according to your choice. You can also serve Weight Watchers snacks along with soups. The basic procedure for making the soup remains the same even if you are preparing spinach soup or broccoli soup. To enhance the taste, make sure you add fat free butter and cheese. Sour cream contains very low calories, and is usually added before serving. Knowing the Weight Watchers point system will further help you in counting the calories contained in the Weight Watchers soups. This way you can keep an account of your weight, nutritional requirement and the calories consumed. Apart from the recipes explained in the aforementioned content you can also try making corn soup and soybean soup.