Antioxidant supplements are known for their anti-aging effects. Which is the best antioxidant supplement? If you are confused about which one to take, leaf through this article which provides exhaustive information on the best antioxidant supplements, along with their health benefits.
Molecules that have the ability to combat the oxidation reactions in the body are known as antioxidants. For example, vitamins C and E, enzymes like glutathione peroxidase, superoxide dismutase, and catalase, colorful beta-carotene, and minerals like selenium and zinc have strong antioxidant properties. Free radicals are harmful by-products generated during breathing, physical activity, exposure to pollution, and other lifestyle disorders. Antioxidants neutralize the effects of free radicals and make them harmless. They help in maintaining your overall health, offering a glowing skin, and making the hair healthy. Here is a list of good dietary supplements that contain a high amount of antioxidants.
List of Effective Antioxidant Supplements
- Ola Loa Vitamin energy supplement
- Alive Power Active Juice Blend
- Wonderlife’s Vitamin C-500 mg
- Nature’s Way Antioxidant Formula: It is 100% natural.
- Dmg- 125 mg- 100 caps: Increases immune response to flu and salmonella.
- AntiOx without L-cysteine: Contains antioxidant nutrients, minerals, and B vitamins.
- FloraGLO Lutein Plus 20 mg (30 Capsules): Contains zeaxanthin and bilberry fruit. It strengthens your immune system, heart, and offers a glowing skin.
- Miracle Reds- contains 12 single serving packets: It is non-allergenic and nutrient rich, and contains anti-aging antioxidants, polyphenols, and heart-friendly plant sterols.
- Quercetin 500 mg Plus (100 Tablets): Contains naturally occurring bioflavonoid, and promotes healthy histamine levels which are responsible for a balanced immune response.
- Beta-Carotene, Dunaliella Salina (60 Softgels): They are rich in carotenes obtained from the marine algae Dunaliella salina. These beta-carotenes are converted into retinol or vitamin A by the body.
- Antioxidant Supplement 250 mg, Vegetarian, Herbal Remedy- 60 Liquid Vegetable Capsules: Contains powerful ingredients, like acai berries, goji berries, mangosteen, and pomegranates.
- Wonderlife’s Turmeric Extract (protects the liver against various toxic substances), Grape Seed Extract (packed with powerful plant-based antioxidants called oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs.)
- Wonderlife’s Ultra Complex that provides 1000 mg of vitamin C in a sustained release vegetarian mix that delivers balanced amounts throughout the day, and it does not disturb your stomach.
To decide which is the best antioxidant supplement, you need to know the benefits of these nutritional supplements. Under the guidance of a physician, you may decide which supplement is best suited for your body.
Benefits of Antioxidants
- They help in maintaining overall health.
- They protect the central nervous system.
- They also improve heart health and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- They strengthen your immune system, and prevent various diseases, including cancers.
- Improve the health of eyes, and prevent eye problems, like macular degeneration and glaucoma.
- The supplements delay the aging process of cells, thereby promoting improved body functions for a longer time.
Best antioxidants are those which are derived from natural fruits and vegetables. Green tea, berries, garlic, grapes, pomegranates, dry fruits, nuts, and seeds occupy top positions in the list of antioxidants. Actually, more research is needed to prove the effectiveness of these supplements. Clinical data which can prove the benefits is not available. So, it is better to choose them under the guidance of your physician.
You must select a product of a reliable brand to be sure of the ingredients and quantity mentioned on the labels. Deficiency of antioxidants can be treated with these supplements. You may keep a list of antioxidant-rich foods handy, and incorporate them in your daily diet to stay fit and healthy.
Disclaimer: This NutriNeat article is for informative purposes only and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.