In my opinion any food that supplies the correct amount of nutrients to the body, without any unhealthy additives is healthy. It also depends a lot on the way you cook it. You can make healthy foods unhealthy by frying them, and then you can make easy healthy recipes by sticking to roasting and boiling. Chicken by itself is pretty healthy food, but if you're going to fry it, or add sodium to it, you're going to ruin it. So here are some easy healthy recipes to get the best out of your chicken!
Moroccan Chicken Salad
- Rice, cooked, 2 cups
- Chicken, cooked and shredded, 2 cups
- Carrots, shredded, 2 cups
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, 2 tbsp.
- Scallions, sliced, ¼ cup
- Reduced-sodium chicken broth, ¼ cup
- Kalamata olives, chopped, ¼ cup
- Fresh mint, chopped, 2 tbsp.
- Extra virgin olive oil, 2 tsp.
- Orange juice,⅓ cup
- Lemon juice,2 tbsp.
- Ground cinnamon, ½ tsp.
- Cayenne pepper,⅛ tsp.
- Salt & pepper to taste
Barbecued Chicken Burritos
- Chicken, 2 lb.
- Barbecue sauce, ½ cup
- Canned black beans, rinsed, 1 cup
- Frozen corn, thawed, or canned corn, drained, ½ cup
- Reduced-fat sour cream, ¼ cup
- Whole-wheat tortillas,4 (size - 10 inch)
- Romaine lettuce, 4 leaves
- Lime, cut in wedges, 2
Baked Chicken and Mushrooms
- Chicken breast, thinly-sliced, 1 lb.
- Button mushrooms, sliced, 8 oz.
- Parmesan cheese, grated, ¼ cup
- French fried onions, 2 tbsp.
- Olive oil, divided, 3 tbsp.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Grilled Chicken with Chipotle Chillies-Orange Glaze
- Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, trimmed of fat (8 ounces), 2
- Orange juice concentrate, thawed, 1 tbsp.
- Chipotle chilies in Adobo sauce, finely chopped, 1½ tsp.
- Balsamic vinegar, 1½ tsp.
- Molasses, 1 tsp.
- Dijon mustard, ½ tsp.
- Salt to taste
Again, I will re-emphasize the importance of cooking procedure. Making chicken recipes or coming up with them is no big deal. These were just pointers. You can add your own creative spark and use some of the healthier cooking ingredients you know and make your own dishes.