No carb diet was made popular on 1972, by a New York City based cardiologist, who went with the name Dr. Robert Atkins. This diet is also known as Atkins diet. According to Dr. Atkins, this diet is based on, what he called 'nutritional approach'. This approach states, that 'low or no carbohydrates, high fat diets are more effective for weight loss, as compared to low-fat, high carbohydrate diet'. No carb diet menu, also called human carnivorism, entails excluding all the dietary intake of carbohydrates. In other words, you will have to exclude all the whites from your daily menu. Do you now have a question, what to eat on a no carb diet? Scroll down to find an answer.
No Carb Diet Foods List
The first principle to be kept in mind is that, food which contains white flour and sugar are to be totally excluded from your diet. It is important to note, that no carb diet food list contains high fat diet, which means you will eat enough fat to satisfy your hunger, whenever you are hungry.
- Meat: All types of meat including white or red meat is allowed. However, liver should not be eaten. In case you are going to consume canned meat, you will have to read label for carbohydrate info.
- Seafood: All types of fish can be consumed, when you are following the no carb diet menu. Shellfish can also eaten, but oysters do contain some carbs, therefore, you will have to keep away from them.
- Eggs: They can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner or any snack. The best way to consume them is to boil them.
- Cheese: Yes you are reading it right, you can certainly include cheese in the diet. However, there is a restriction of 4 oz per day on consumption of cheese. Including different types of cheese will ensure, you are not bored with eating cheese.
- Fat: Since this is a fat rich diet, butter, mayonnaise, cream, margarine, etc. can be included in the diet, however, make sure the consumption is limited.
- Vegetables: Low starch vegetables can be included in the diet. The vegetables that can be included are: artichoke hearts, asparagus, aubergine, avocado, green beans, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, cucumber, kale, leeks, okra, pumpkin, spring onions, scallions, spinach, summer squash, turnips, tomatoes, water chestnuts, etc. Green leafy vegetables are the safest bet. However, it is recommended you stay away from starchy vegetables like potatoes, peas, corn, etc.
- Nuts: Some nuts like pecans, almonds, walnuts, ground nut, etc. can also be included in the diet.
Carb-free Diet Plan
You will have put yourself into a habit of designing no carb breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, with the help of no carbs foods list. Some of the dressings, which you can add to your meal includes,
- Olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of yogurt dressing
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of heavy cream or one ounce of sour cream
- 10 to 15 olives
- Half of a small avocado
- Olive oil dressing
- Boiled egg whites 6
- Greek cheese 30 grams
- Skimmed plain yogurt without sugar 400 grams
- Grilled meat 200 grams
- Large bowl fresh salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, cabbage, carrots with salt, pepper and lime juice dressing
- Lentil sprouts 100 grams with salt and vinegar dressing.
- Tofu soup with 150 to 200 grams of tofu, some leeks, few mushrooms, water and salt. This soup should be had, hot.
- Omelet made with 3 eggs, mushrooms and ½ cup of spinach.
- Cantaloupe ½ cup
- Protein bar with fruits for proper nutrition
- Skimmed plain yogurt without sugar 200 grams
- Baked chicken 200 grams
- Large bowl fresh salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, cabbage, carrots and tuna olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette
- Carrot juice 1 glass
- If you feel hungry, you can opt for apple flax muffin
- Green salad with salt, lime juice and pepper
- Meat stir fry in olive oil
- Two poached eggs
- Smoked salmon (100 grams) in cream dill sauce
- Low-fat cottage cheese sprinkled with some herbs and salt
- Grilled fish 300 grams
- Large bowl of broccoli, green beans steamed along with the other salad greens with vinegar dressing
- Celery sticks with yogurt dip
- Olives with 1 cube of Cheddar cheese
- Grilled/broiled lamb chops
- Sautéed spinach and red peppers
- Zucchini and mushrooms skewers
Along with this diet plan, you will also need an exercise plan in place, to achieve desired results. However, make sure you do not starve yourself, in your bid to lose weight. When you get bored with eating the no carb diet menu, you can use different options so that you get some change in routine. Before you start with this diet, you should know the no carb diet side effects. It is recommended, you talk to your health care professional, before you change to this diet regime. Also consult your dietitian to ensure, you are not missing out on any essential nutrients in your diet.