You cannot get six pack abs by following an exercise regimen alone; a balanced diet is an invariable part of the program designed to get six packs. Here are some diet tips for those of you who are yearning to get six pack abs.
Ab muscles form the midsection of a human body. These are located below the breastbone and rib cage, and essentially constitute the core of the body. If you are determined to get six pack abs, then you need to pay attention to your diet. While the nature of your exercise regimen determines whether or not you would be able to develop flat abs to some extent; you can achieve your goal only if the exercise regimen is coupled with a balanced diet. Here are some useful diet tips that will help you achieve your goal.
Diet for Getting Six Pack Abs
Brown Rice: You can include whole rice or brown rice in your diet as it is rich in nutrients.
Vegetables: Vegetables are rich in vitamins and minerals, and hence are essential in a diet to get six pack abs.
Cottage Cheese: Though it is a low fat cheese, it is rich in protein. You can add a handful of walnuts to it and a teaspoon of honey or some raisins to make it yummy and healthy.
Whole Grain Pasta and Whole Wheat Bread: These pastas and breads are excellent sources of protein and carbohydrates, and are considered as healthy sources of calories.
Herbal Teas: Herbal teas contain more antioxidants which are known for their property of slowing down the aging process of a person.
Raw Honey: Small amount of natural honey can turn the most tasteless dish into a fine delicacy. You can avoid sugar and use honey, as it possesses a lot of positive attributes. However, never use it in excessive quantity.
Lean Meat: You can choose lean meat from buffalo, chicken, turkey, ostrich and other kinds of lean meat to make tasty dishes, which will offer more protein, iron, and many other nutrients.
Fruits: Fresh fruits should be eaten as healthy snacks. Fruits and vegetables can make your diet a high-fiber diet, which is essential to lose weight fast and also to maintain good health.
Whole Eggs: Egg whites are good sources of high quality protein. Egg yolks are also greatly nutritious, though they contain cholesterol. The solution is, you can make an omelet with 3 eggs white and one yolk. Thus you will get loads of protein from a delicious omelet.
Seeds and Nuts: Dry fruits like almonds and walnuts are an essential part of balanced diet. They offer healthy fats and nutrients. Flax seeds are rich in omega-3, and should be present in the diet.
Fish Oil: Fish and fish oil are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which need to be present in any abs diet. You can include salmon, tuna, and various other kinds of fish in your diet.
The calorie intake of every person differs with varying metabolism. It is a widely stated statement of fact that the type of nutrition chosen determines the physical alacrity needed in defining the dimensions of the body. It has also been contended that 75% of the weight loss is controlled by diet. While including the aforementioned food items in the diet, you are expected to exclude alcohol, sodas, tobacco, caffeine, highly processed and junk food, etc., to get an enhancement in energy levels, reduce belly fat, and improve overall health. Eat small dinners, don’t skip breakfast, eat more fiber, lift weights, keep metabolism steady, drink plenty of water, and follow a ‘no white diet’. This will help strengthen the abdominal muscles and lose body fat.
- Try to eat as many as healthy and natural foods as possible. This will make your diet a healthy diet.
- Enjoy 5 – 6 small meals a day. It’s better if you eat every 3 hours. It is important to be satiated and energized all day.
- Do not forget to include protein with each meal as you are trying build muscle.
- Have sufficient food as you wish to build some muscle around your stomach, while burning fat. Avoid starvation and overeating; make sure you stay full all day.
- Your six pack abs diet should be based on the principles of low carb diet plan. You are supposed to limit carbs. You may have starchy carbs like bread, pasta, and oatmeal after workout.
- The most important instruction is about drinking water. You should avoid drinks packed with calories like juice, soda, and alcohol. Drink plenty of water and tea, which will also help detoxify your body.
- Try to incorporate food items that are rich in healthy fats in each meal. For instance, peanut butter, olive oil, and salmon are rich in healthy fats and can be consumed. Fried and processed food is packed with trans fats, which should be avoided. You can have limited saturated fat (about 10%).
Considering the aforementioned tips and guidelines, you can prepare a weekly or monthly ‘six pack abs diet chart’, as planning in advance is an important aspect of any diet. Whatever is needed while following the diet, should be purchased well in advance, so that you don’t have to eat something unsuitable for the designed diet, because of unavailability of proper food items.
Balanced diet for women should also be based on the aforementioned principles. Good carbs, protein, lots of fiber, good fat, eating at frequent intervals, eating natural power-foods, etc., play an important role in the diet. Body metabolism can be kept revved up with all these dietary and lifestyle changes.
The above simple plan may seem to be difficult in practice; however, it is not impossible. Developing a strict schedule is the need of the hour. Getting six pack abs requires time. Along with a proper healthy diet, dedication and patience are also necessary to get the desired shape and look.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is solely for educating the reader. It is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a nutritionist or dietitian.