Kids love desserts. But too much of sugar is bad for their health. So what to do? Here are some sugar-free desserts for kids which you can try out at home and which will also not be harmful for your kids.
Your son loves to eat chocolate pudding or any kind of dessert every day after dinner. You know that its bad for his health as well as for his teeth. But there’s nothing you can do about it, as the dessert is his incentive for finishing up his veggies. Wondering what you can do? Well, here are some sugar-free desserts for kids, which you can try out at home. Not only will your kids be able to have desserts everyday, but even you will not have to worry about their health or their teeth any more. Here are some sugar-free recipes for kids which you can try out at home.
- Watermelon cubes (seeds removed)- 7 cups, at least of 1 inch each
- Frozen unsweetened white grape juice concentrate (½ cup)
- Fresh lime juice (2 tablespoons)
- On a single layer of baking sheet, place the watermelon chunks and freeze them for at least 1 hour, or till they are firm.
- Then remove the watermelon cubes and leave it at room temperature for at least 15 to 20 minutes, till the cubes softens a bit
- Put ¼ of the cubes, the grape juice and lime juice in a blender and blend it till it becomes a smooth paste. Add few more cubes if needed. Put this into a bowl.
- Freeze the cubes that are still left.
- Let it stand at room temperature again for at least 10 minutes.
- Now serve and watch your kids enjoy it.
Calories present: 86.
I love the cakes that my mom used to bake for me. But she stopped when she realized that the sugar that she was using in the cakes was harming me. I wish she had known of this recipe back then, so that I would have been able to enjoy a healthy homemade sugar-free cake everyday. Well! At least you don’t deprive your kids of some of your delicious cakes. Just follow the recipe and watch them enjoy.
- Flour (1¾ cup)
- Substitute sugar (2 cups)
- Cocoa powder (¾ cup)
- Cooking spray
- Baking soda (2 teaspoon)
- Baking powder (1 teaspoon)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Applesauce (1 cup)
- Eggs (2)
- Vanilla (1 teaspoon)
- Hot coffee (1 cup)
- ½ stick butter
- Cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- Fresh strawberries
- Large bowl to mix all the ingredients
- A small dish
- 9 by 13 baking dish
- Put the flour, substitute sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt into the large bowl.
- Also put in the applesauce, eggs and vanilla into the bowl.
- Now mix this mixture well.
- While mixing, slowly add the hot coffee. Do not stop mixing.
- Using the cooking spray, grease the baking dish and pour in the batter that you have made.
- Put the baking dish in the oven and heat for at least 40 minutes or till the cake is done, at a temperature of 350º F.
- Meanwhile, mix the butter and cinnamon in the small dish and pour it over the hot cake which you have just baked.
- Use strawberry slices to decorate the top of the cake and serve.
- Dry unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder (⅔ cup)
- Ground cinnamon (¼ teaspoon)
- Kosher salt (¼ teaspoon)
- Milk (1 cup)
- Vanilla extracts (½ teaspoon)
- Sugar substitute (½ cup)
- In a blender, put in the cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt and milk.
- Blend until it forms a smooth paste.
- Now, in a saucepan, pour in this mixture and then boil it.
- Lower the flame and let the mixture simmer for at least 5 minutes, but do keep stirring.
- Do this until the mixture has thickened.
- Now put in the sugar substitute and vanilla and keep stirring till the mixture becomes smooth.
- Put this in a fondue pot and serve it with fruit slices to be used as dippers.
Decadent Chocolate Trifle
- A baked 9 by 13 inches sugar-free chocolate cake
- A mixture of 3 packages of sugar-free instant pudding and 4 cups of milk.
- Sugar-free cool whip (1 cup)
- Sugar-free chocolate peanut butter candy bars, crumbled (6) (if required)
- Sugar-free chocolate syrup – 1 can (if required)
- Walnuts (chopped – 1 cup) (if required)
- Sugar-free cherry pie filling – 1 can (if required)
- First layer the cake and then the chocolate syrup, pudding, cherry filling, whip, candy bars and the nuts.
- Allow it to refrigerate overnight.
Now you have some amazing cake recipes along with other desserts. With these recipes, not only will your kids be happy, but even you as a parent will not have to worry about their health anymore.