Debates about whether Hydroxycut is beneficial for the health of an individual has been going around since the introduction of the pill in the market. To find out the truth about Hydroxycut, read the article below.
Hydroxycut is a dietary supplement that helps people in reducing weight. It was introduced in the market by Muscle Tech Research and Development, and it claims to be a great weight loss product in America. It is a popular diet pill used by people who want to lose weight. The ingredients present in it are caffeine, chromium, green tea, calcium, and potassium. People taking it feel less hungry, and it also helps in increasing energy level and metabolism, which eventually leads to loss of fat in the body. However, like every other product, it has its pros and cons, and the truth about Hydroxycut is outlined in the paragraphs below.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had banned this product in May 01, 2009. The FDA received 23 complaints of liver problems due to this drug, wherein some cases required transplants, and one of them reported death. The new formula, reportedly, does not contain the harmful ingredient, however, warnings have still been issued for this product. The FDA had warned consumers to stop using 14 such products, some of which are mentioned below:
- Hydroxycut Hardcore Liquid Caplets
- Hydroxycut Max Liquid Caplets
- Hydroxycut Regular Drink
- Hydroxycut Caffeine-Free Drink Packets
- Hydroxycut Hardcore Drink Packets (Ignition Stix)
- This supplement is said to have effective consequences if the person exercises before its consumption
- It is recommended that one should consume it three times in a day, an hour before eating.
- It cannot induce weight loss on its own, rather, it has to be accompanied by some sort of exercise.
- This boosts up energy in the person, and he or she becomes enthusiastic to work out.
- Consuming it along with exercise is an easy and fast way to lose weight, and is used mostly by women.
- Although this pill helps in losing weight, it can have negative and hazardous effects to the health of the person consuming it.
- The usual side effects include dizziness and loss of sleep.
- It also has been reported that it can cause high blood pressure and increased heart rate.
- It can give rise to liver damage and various heart problems.
- Some people have also reported nausea, abdominal cramps, and blurred eyesight.
Looking at both, the advantages and disadvantages, it can be said that the effects it has on a person may depend on his or her health and medical history. Dizziness is usually felt by people who do not consume drinks containing caffeine, and so, when they take the pill, it may take time for the body to get adjusted to the caffeine quantity. So, one should start taking the pill in small quantities, gradually increasing the dose.
To avoid insomnia or sleeplessness, it would be better if the person takes the pill 5-6 hours before sleeping time. Many people who have taken the supplement have reported feeling anxious, depressed, and have also experienced a slight migraine, when they stop consuming it. Hence, one should not stop the consumption all of a sudden, rather when one wants to stop the intake, it would be better if he or she does it by slowly.
The fact that this product has worked for some and not for others, is a dilemma that arises in the minds of new users. So, when a person is planning to take it, he or she should first consult the doctor to avoid the serious side effects. Besides, when a healthy person starts consuming it, he or she must follow a strict exercise regime and healthy diet, or rather, read about the side effects and decide if it is really necessary.
Disclaimer: This NutriNeat article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.