The reasons for drinking aloe vera juice are almost boundless, and so are its benefits. Aloe vera juice has been used since 1500 BC, when Alexander the Great’s armies used aloe vera juice internally to heal wounds and illness. Cleopatra used it along with milk as one of her beauty secrets.
Aloe vera is a supremely healing food coming straight from nature’s generous pharmacy. There are about 200 different species of aloe vera, out of which only 4 can be used by humans.The ancient Egyptians used this magically holistic herb of the ‘lily family’ in the embalming process, not with a touch of the aesthetic but that of the scientific, as the natural compounds found in the aloe were responsible to bind the ammonia and neutralize the repulsive stench of rotting corpses.
Aloe vera is quite a hardy plant that certainly makes no fuss over being grown outdoors or indoors, as both are quite suitable. Whether it is aloe vera gel or aloe vera juice, both have the same effect as they have basically the same compounds. Here below are listed some suggestions on drinking aloe vera juice. Drinking daily one to two ounces of aloe vera juice suffices.
Suggestions on When to Drink Aloe Vera Juice
- Aloe vera contains a whopping 18 amino acids and vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C and E. The plant also contains sodium, potassium, magnesium, chloride, as well as traces of zinc. It is a great nutritional supplement and aids to metabolize other nutrients that come from foods.
- Aloe vera very effectively lowers the pH of the stomach’s acid, thus curing any digestion problems.
- Minor burns heal 9 times faster when treated externally with aloe vera juice. It is good to drink aloe vera juice, if you’ve been bruised due to friction or have burns. It can be a cooling balm for sunburns, psoriasis and eczema.
- Daily dosage of aloe vera juice has been said to abate symptoms of asthma in people, over a period of six months.
- Aloe vera juice can be applied externally if you have an infection or a wound to ward off the bacteria from entering it and making it worse. The antibacterial and antifungal qualities are wondrous. Aloe vera is naturally antibacterial and helps reduce swelling and fights of the bacteria that cause pain and swelling.
- One ounce of aloe vera juice mixed in two ounces of water and drinking it down can stimulate your digestive system and nullify acids. Drinking aloe vera juice can alleviate several gastrointestinal problems and ailments such as ulcers, irregular bowel movements and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Aloe vera juice is a fine cleanser and can clear toxic wastes from your stomach, kidneys, liver, spleen and bladder. It’s a good colon cleanser and reduces urinary crystals too.
- In concentrated doses, it has been known to stimulate production of white blood cells that may help fight against plenty of viruses and tumors. It can be applied to your scalp to get rid of itchiness and heal chronic skin disorders and prevent hair loss.
- If you’ve been sun bathing for too long and haven’t quite noticed how harsh the rays have been, only to discover that your skin doesn’t quite look or feel happy, being so thoroughly baked and burnt. Prolonged sun-filled hours can redden your skin due to swollen and clogged capillaries, which supply blood to the skin. Also your skin loses its elasticity and blood vessels are damaged, making your skin look wizened, wrinkled and saggy. Aloe vera juice is capable of soothing your skin and bringing it back to healthful life again.
- Aloe vera contains aloectin B which stimulates the immune system and aloe vera gel is also used to relieve severe burns in hospitals. If you do get sunburnt, the best thing for your skin would be to get under a shower (as it is important to cool off the heat) and then liberally apply aloe vera juice to the parts that seem like burnt casualties. The more juice you apply, the more relieving it is.
- Aloe vera juice also cures gum diseases.
- Aloe vera juice has been known to treat the appearance of the skin and treat acne.
Never so oftener than ever, has anything proven better than the most frugal and natural means for healing. The best is to try it out and use your own judgment. Aloe vera juice benefits are invaluable and the home remedies work more wonders than many other commercial products that claim to do the same.