Learn to make your own homemade protein powder from this article if you are bored of buying the same old stuff from the stores. Also, mentioned are some delectable recipes that make use of this protein powder.
As we all know that intake of proteins is a must in order to maintain a healthy body. Fats, carbohydrates, proteins, etc., are the basic fundamental components required by a body to maintain normal growth and development. These days, protein juices and shakes have flooded the market, because their usage is popular amongst bodybuilders, weightlifters, and other fitness freaks who use it to supplement their dietary needs.
Hence, a sufficient amount of protein shakes for muscle building would be needed by such physically active people on a daily basis. Therefore, to gain a quick access to an easy, protein-filled healthy diet, homemade protein powder would be a good alternative as compared to the high-priced powders available at stores.
How to Make Protein Powder at Home
- Vanilla Essence
- First pour some cream or milk, whichever you wish to use, into a container and add some vinegar to it. Stir it. (It can be 1 part vinegar in 2 parts of milk)
- Vinegar is used to divide the milk into yogurt and whey. (You may utilize the yogurt to make cheese)
- Strain the entire mixture using a strainer. The strained off liquid would be your whey or whey protein.
- Now, put the whey into the pot, place it on the burner at low heat, and bring it to a gentle boil. Keep stirring.
- You can add vanilla essence to make it flavorsome.
- Once the mixture becomes quite thick, stir it even more frequently till the time it turns into caramel or acquires a deep golden color.
- Now, remove the pot from the burner, and pour the entire mixture on a baking tray, covered with wax paper.
- Leave it for cooling down and hardening.
- Once the content becomes hardened, break it into equal pieces measuring about 1 – 2 inches wide. You will have to leave it to dry for a few weeks.
- This process is a prolonged one and takes a few weeks until the final product is ready.
- After a few weeks, pick the hard pieces and smash them into small fragments.
- Put all the pieces in the blender and churn until a fine powder is formed. Make sure you properly sift the larger pieces as well. After this, just shake it up and gulp it down.
Protein powder easily dissolves in water, so it will be easy for you to make a huge variety of delicious protein shakes. You can have these shakes as a nourishment tonic after an irksome workout or refreshment drink on a hot summer day. Mentioned below are a few recipes that you can sip and enjoy!
Protein Powder Recipes
★ Protein Powder Parfait
- Chopped Mixed Berries (2 cups)
- Sugar Free Yogurt or Pudding (2 cups)
- Protein Powder (1 scoop)
- In the pudding or yogurt, mix protein powder and layer the fruit berries in a tall glass of parfait.
- You can spread chocolate shavings over it and serve. It serves 2 people.
★ Protein Milkshake
- Milk (1 cup)
- Protein Powder (1 scoop)
- Ice Cream (2 large scoops)
- This recipe is for those people who wouldn’t mind adding a few significant amount of calories.
- Blend all the ingredients together and mix it well, but make sure it remains thick. That’s the point of a milkshake.
- Serve and enjoy!
★ Protein Mocha Coffee Blend
- Brewed Coffee (1 cup)
- Chocolate Protein Powder (½ cup)
- Milk (½ cup)
- Mix all these ingredients together and enjoy a nice coffee shake on the breakfast table or on a picnic.
- You can also add some crushed ice cubes and have it as a cold coffee beverage.
Protein shakes are the best way to supply your body with all the healthy nutrients. They are fresh, natural, and most importantly act as building blocks of muscles for the body.